News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Santorum is out.

Started by Buddy, April 11, 2012, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Quote from: el_presidente on April 13, 2012, 05:51:18 AM
I root against Tebow and Santorum for the same reason:  They're just bad.  They're not smart or talented, they're just famous for one thing: displaying faith.

Agreed, whole heartedly.

In an interview with Tebone (yrah, i   said that-- )  he said he is happy people are talking about prayer openly.

Piss off!! :(
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Harmonie

Is it weird that every time I see this topic title I keep on thinking that it's saying Santorum is out of the closet:D

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Buddy

Quote from: Radiant on April 14, 2012, 01:39:43 AM
Is it weird that every time I see this topic title I keep on thinking that it's saying Santorum is out of the closet:D

I have to admit that that was not on my mind, but now that you mention it, it does sound like he's comin out of the closet. :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Firebird

Gingrich has not dropped out yet. Right now he thinks he's hoping to grab some of the delegates and support that Santorum had from the religious right folks.
It really irks me that they're willing to support a guy who cheated on two wives and left both when they were sick. Yet they consider Obama, who by all accounts has been a faithful and loving husband and father, as the anti-Christ. The hypocrisy there is just sick.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

technolud

I asked one of my friends from S. Carolina how the fundamentalist vote could go to Gingrich taking into consideration his infidelity.  He explained to me that in the South (anothe bias creeping in here) it's not about sinning, its about asking for forgiveness.  Which apparently Gingrich has done.  This Jersey Yankee has a little trouble wrapping my head around this one.

el_presidente

I wouldn't put too much stock in Gingrich taking over.  His star faded amongst the conservatives at the same time Santorum took off.  I wouldn't look for them to return.

Ron Paul has a shot to pick up some delegates, depending on whether so-called small government conservatives are really interested in small government, or if they just define "small government" as getting what they want instead of anyone else getting anything.  I wouldn't hold my breath for his nomination, though.

The Red Team vs. Blue Team mentality drives me nuts.  We're either a nation of laws, or we're not... and as long as people want their version of heaven on earth enforced without due consideration, the Santorums (et al.) of the world will be in the position to dictate what we can and can't do. 
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.  God won't do it, so we must do it ourselves.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 13, 2012, 05:25:19 PM
In an interview with Tebone (yrah, i   said that-- )  he said he is happy people are talking about prayer openly.

Yeah because before this nobody in America ever mentioned prayer.  It just baffles me how assholes like Santorum can actually believe their own assholery. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

technolud

To el_presitdente:  I back you up completely on your comments concerning small governement (re: supreme court) and Rule of Law.  I'm currently reading (audio book actually) Uncle Tom's Cabin and the Quaker makes a good point about civil disobedience.

As for BooksCatsEct, I agree that I am equally dumbfounded.  Although, I'm convinced most of those people are driving on the Garden State Parkway each morning.