Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

George Galloway wins Bradford West by-election

Started by Tank, March 30, 2012, 06:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

George Galloway wins Bradford West by-election

He's the one in red on the left.

QuoteRespect Party candidate George Galloway has taken the Bradford West parliamentary seat from Labour, winning the by-election by 10,100 votes.

Mr Galloway, expelled by Labour in 2003, said it was the "most sensational victory" in by-election history. He received 18,341 votes - a 56% share.

He said his victory represented a "total rejection" of the major parties.

At the 2010 General Election, Labour's Marsha Singh, who resigned on health grounds, won with a majority of 5,763 .

The party had held the West Yorkshire seat since 1974, except for a brief period in the 1980s when the sitting MP defected to the SDP.

Labour candidate Imran Hussein came second with 8,201 votes as the party's share of the vote was 20% down on its 2010 figure...

The 'fruit loop' returns!

George Galloway is notorious in British politics for being a little weird [/understatement]. He visited Saddam Hussain and Col Gaddafii while he was previously an MP.

In one go politics in England just got dafter and less credible (if that were possible).
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2012, 06:35:40 AMHe visited Saddam Hussain and Col Gaddafii while he was previously an MP.

How did his red suit go down in the Arab lands?
Did he take his friend?

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on March 30, 2012, 09:21:48 AM
Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2012, 06:35:40 AMHe visited Saddam Hussain and Col Gaddafii while he was previously an MP.

How did his red suit go down in the Arab lands?
Did he take his friend?
The visits happened before his visit into the Big Brother house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJrWFoq2GIQ
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

OldGit

After that Big Brother incident, which was very widely publicised, I'm amazed that anyone can bring themselves to vote for him ever again.

"Respect", my arse!

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on March 30, 2012, 10:03:34 AM
After that Big Brother incident, which was very widely publicised, I'm amazed that anyone can bring themselves to vote for him ever again.

"Respect", my arse!
Thank you for that mental image!!!!  >:(

Crow

Brandford is a shit hole, I have visited once and will never return at least he can't fuck it up any more than it already is.

Thank you Tank for not posting that awful video of him pretending to be a cat.
Retired member.

Tank

Quote from: Crow on March 30, 2012, 11:01:12 PM
Brandford is a shit hole, I have visited once and will never return at least he can't fuck it up any more than it already is.

Thank you Tank for not posting that awful video of him pretending to be a cat.

But I did  :D

And Bradford is not quite the shite hole you would expect. My wife works there and I went to Bradford College to get my degree so spent a school year there. I like it. The people are friendly and it's got a real buzz in places. I'm biased though because it has the media museum there and I enjoy going there.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on March 31, 2012, 07:39:27 AM
But I did  :D

And Bradford is not quite the shite hole you would expect. My wife works there and I went to Bradford College to get my degree so spent a school year there. I like it. The people are friendly and it's got a real buzz in places. I'm biased though because it has the media museum there and I enjoy going there.

To be fair I have only been to quite a dingy area where my friend works, but with its surrounding problems it just turns me off. When there are city's such as Leeds and towns like Huddersfield close by I know where I would prefer to go, but the media museum has sparked my interest so I might give that a look. Btw Tank where is good for a day out in Leeds? (except for the royal armouries museum and the Yorkshire Sculpture Park).
Retired member.

Tank

Thackray Medical Museum
Temple Newsam house
Tropical world roundhay
Armley Industrial museum
Middleton steam railway

http://www.gosomewhere.co.uk/leeds/placesofinterest.html

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/leeds/journey_planning/places_interest/leeds.php

http://www.leeds.gov.uk/lothertonhall/

I think most of the good stuff is listed above  ;D