News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

'Allo

Started by Unlinked, April 03, 2012, 09:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Hi Unlinked

I hate Grammer Nazi's. But you look like a lot of fun!  ;D

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Unlinked

Haha, thanks, glad you think so. I try to remain civil about grammar most of the time, but occasionally...

*Can't tell whether or not the unnecessary apostrophe is a troll... will assume it is to avoid looking like a fool.*

Crow

Quote from: Tank on April 04, 2012, 08:24:11 AM
I hate Grammer Nazi's. But you look like a lot of fun!  ;D

So do I...

Hello Unlinked,
I have a feeling my posts will get you slightly agitated as my grammar is appalling.
Retired member.

Ali

Unlinked has exposed his/her soft underbelly to us.  Whenever we want to give him/her a jab in the ribs, we have only to start spouting off in text speak, and s/he will crumble in despair....*evil grin*

(Don't worry, Unlinked, we're only teasing. ;)  Probably.  ;))

Guardian85

Quote from: Unlinked on April 04, 2012, 12:34:37 AM
Quote from: Ali on April 03, 2012, 11:17:09 PM
OH.  English-ninja.  Haha, I thought that you meant that you were British (English) AND a ninja, not that you had ninja-esque skillz when it comes to the English language.  Haha, I have no idea how competent our other ninja (Guardian) is at Norwegian grammar (since I don't speak Norwegian, he could say any manner of nonsense and I would smile and think it was brilliant.)  He's more of a real ninja, with swords and stuff.

Gah, sorry for the confusion! I just thought "grammar Nazi" was a bit too non-family-friendly. And I'm not English at all, just a silly American whose only experience with swords and stuff was flailing a broom handle at my brother in self-defense while he practiced his fencing on me. Yeah, there's no contest, unless it's a Super Smash Bros Brawl duel; I might be able to hold my own in that case.

I hear you speak of me.

Ninja, huh...
I'll be the judge of that!

Just kidding. Welcome to the forum. I am the guy you call for assassinations. Character or otherwise.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Unlinked

Quote from: Crow on April 04, 2012, 06:23:37 PM
Hello Unlinked,
I have a feeling my posts will get you slightly agitated as my grammar is appalling.

I will be sure to give your posts disapproving looks from behind my steepled fingers while silently plotting my vengeance.

Quote from: Ali on April 04, 2012, 06:55:28 PM
Unlinked has exposed his/her soft underbelly to us.  Whenever we want to give him/her a jab in the ribs, we have only to start spouting off in text speak, and s/he will crumble in despair....*evil grin*

No! Not my squishy weak point!

Quote from: Guardian85 on April 04, 2012, 10:31:59 PM
I hear you speak of me.

Ninja, huh...
I'll be the judge of that!

Just kidding. Welcome to the forum. I am the guy you call for assassinations. Character or otherwise.

QAQ *Cowers behind a broomstick* Don't make me call my daddy on you! He's an engineer and he'll-- he'll-- he'll do math at you! Just you wait!

Assassinations, hm? I'll keep you on speed-dial. >w<

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on April 04, 2012, 06:55:28 PM

(Don't worry, Unlinked, we're only teasing. ;)  Probably.  ;))

O hai! I can haz c0ff33??  ;D

*waits for the fun to start*

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Unlinked

Quote from: Amicale on April 05, 2012, 12:49:29 AM

Amicale uses chatspeak. It's super effective!

Gah, not the chatspeak, it burns! D8 Away, defiler of the English language! *Flails a red pen *

Anne D.

Welcome, Unlinked. (I hope you're noting my use of a comma with direct address.)  ;)

history_geek

*drop a blank welcome card, and slowly backs away from the grammar/spell check hunter...*

Sneaky sneakity sneak...

*briefly stops to consider the entertainment that might ensue if Warhammer Orc/Ork speech was used....*
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Amicale

Quote from: Unlinked on April 05, 2012, 02:02:24 AM
Quote from: Amicale on April 05, 2012, 12:49:29 AM

Amicale uses chatspeak. It's super effective!

Gah, not the chatspeak, it burns! D8 Away, defiler of the English language! *Flails a red pen *

;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

SweetLaura286

Hello! Great to meet you!!

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Quote from: Unlinked on April 03, 2012, 09:50:20 PM
Hello, all. I am a card-carrying English ninja who likes to pretend to be some kind of halfway decent storyteller. I grew up atheist with a very supportive christian family--a lucky thing, judging by the stories I've seen on this site--and a tight circle of friends who all eventually turned to the dark side with me. My hobbies include drawing (poorly), singing (semi-decently), and writing (also poorly). I decided to join this forum because I like belonging to some kind of large group, and most of the clubs that offer that sort of thing at my school are heavily Christianity-centered. I am fond of proofreading and editing any kind of text and will do so gladly if anyone asks.

Have a good day >w<

--Unlinked
Hello and welcome.  I too had a pretty supportive Christian family.  I even managed to convert some Cousins, and when my mom said that I had a problem I started quoting things from the bible she just asked it really says that? Yeah ma you should probably try reading it before telling me I have a problem  ::)
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Amicale

Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on April 06, 2012, 06:08:19 PM
Quote from: Unlinked on April 03, 2012, 09:50:20 PM
Hello, all. I am a card-carrying English ninja who likes to pretend to be some kind of halfway decent storyteller. I grew up atheist with a very supportive christian family--a lucky thing, judging by the stories I've seen on this site--and a tight circle of friends who all eventually turned to the dark side with me. My hobbies include drawing (poorly), singing (semi-decently), and writing (also poorly). I decided to join this forum because I like belonging to some kind of large group, and most of the clubs that offer that sort of thing at my school are heavily Christianity-centered. I am fond of proofreading and editing any kind of text and will do so gladly if anyone asks.

Have a good day >w<

--Unlinked
Hello and welcome.  I too had a pretty supportive Christian family.  I even managed to convert some Cousins, and when my mom said that I had a problem I started quoting things from the bible she just asked it really says that? Yeah ma you should probably try reading it before telling me I have a problem  ::)

Robert, it was the same for me. When I started talking about my views, my mom was still clinging to her beliefs and ideas, which was cool to me.. but she was saying stuff like yours was saying. So I started quoting the Bible, and same thing happened -- she asked 'It really says that? Where does it say that??' and when I was able to give her chapter and verse and she realized that stuff was in there, she stopped defending it. What you don't know CAN hurt you.