News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Anagrams

Started by Siz, April 03, 2012, 12:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siz

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Ali

A ha!  You should have just let me go on thinking you were some sort of anagramatical genius!

Siz

Quote from: Ali on April 04, 2012, 02:46:14 PM
A ha!  You should have just let me go on thinking you were some sort of anagramatical genius!

Living a lie doesn't suit - I'm just a humble regular genius I'm afraid.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

joeactor

Quote from: Scissorlegs on April 04, 2012, 02:38:19 PM
Thanks. Yeah, me... and http://wordsmith.org/anagram/

Cool tool...

Apparently, mine works best in Spanish:

Ceja Otro (another eyebrow)
Recta Ojo (straight eye)
Ar Cojo Te (ar! I take you!)
Car Te Ojo (I eye car)
Roca Te Jo (Jo rock you!)

... fun thread!
JoeActor

Ali

Quote from: joeactor on April 04, 2012, 03:24:07 PM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on April 04, 2012, 02:38:19 PM
Thanks. Yeah, me... and http://wordsmith.org/anagram/

Cool tool...

Apparently, mine works best in Spanish:

Ceja Otro (another eyebrow)
Recta Ojo (straight eye)
Ar Cojo Te (ar! I take you!)
Car Te Ojo (I eye car)
Roca Te Jo (Jo rock you!)

... fun thread!
JoeActor

I like "Ar Cojo Te (ar! I take you!)" best.

joeactor

Quote from: Ali on April 04, 2012, 03:55:13 PM
I like "Ar Cojo Te (ar! I take you!)" best.

Agreed!

Guardian85

Quote from: Asmodean on April 03, 2012, 10:00:49 PM

Oh, and the raid gun one is Guardian, only without the numbers.
I kinda like it....

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Siz

OK, so we're left with:

Deep-horn kit (name of our very own Math Grad, ex mormon)
Satanic Pope dyer (Jilted for erudition, perhaps)
Rents bedroom (This one's a hideous bitch to get...)

And I didnt get a committed answer for The risky ego (You should've got this one long ago, Eggheads)

Ali

Quote from: Scissorlegs on April 04, 2012, 04:47:07 PM
OK, so we're left with:

Deep-horn kit (name of our very own Math Grad, ex mormon)
Satanic Pope dyer (Jilted for erudition, perhaps)
Rents bedroom (This one's a hideous bitch to get...)

And I didnt get a committed answer for The risky ego (You should've got this one long ago, Eggheads)

Don't know about the others, but "The risky ego" is history_geek.  I knew it, I was just waiting for him to get it since you hinted at it for him. 

Hector Valdez

'At Threesomes'

Effing Brilliante.
:eidt:
Mine works great with latin:
Thermae Est Os (Bath of the mouth)
Mater E Hostes (Mother of the enemy)
Meta Heres Sto (Heir to the goal stand)
Testa He Mores (These qualities of the shell)

Siz

Quote from: The Semaestro on April 04, 2012, 08:28:44 PM
'At Threesomes'

Effing Brilliante.

Hey Semaestro, don't suppose you've read a book called 'Gladiatrix' and its sequel 'Roma Victrix'?

http://www.russellwhitfield.com/gladiatrix.html

These are published books (available on Amazon) by a good friend of mine that lean heavily on his not-insignificant knowledge of the life and times of the people of the Roman Empire. With a smattering of well toned sex and violence they are a great yarn and shed light on the lives of these people.

Just thought you might be interested...

history_geek

Quote from: Scissorlegs on April 04, 2012, 12:13:15 AM
Quote from: history_geek on April 03, 2012, 11:51:10 PM
Stool on wife - Too Few Lions

...and one you've missed, Geek...??

Who says I did? ;D

I figured The risky ego right after I posted my answer for Stool on wife, because I went looking if there was one for me. I just wanted to see if anyone else would get it. I even thought about leaving a subtle hint, but unfortunately the subtlety level for the ones I came up with was like hitting people with a trout to get their attention....

Also, I haven't checked this thread until now, so I didn't respond to your hint, either. :P

Anyway, congrats Ali :)
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Scissorlegs on April 04, 2012, 03:07:28 PM
Quote from: Ali on April 04, 2012, 02:46:14 PM

Living a lie doesn't suit - I'm just a humble regular genius I'm afraid.

And the rest of us wouldn't have had a cool new site to play with -- thanks!  My real name comes out Cat darns far.  I'll take it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Hector Valdez

Quote from: Scissorlegs on April 05, 2012, 12:08:13 AM
'At Threesomes'

Effing Brilliante.

Hey Semaestro, don't suppose you've read a book called 'Gladiatrix' and its sequel 'Roma Victrix'?

These are published books (available on Amazon) by a good friend of mine that lean heavily on his not-insignificant knowledge of the life and times of the people of the Roman Empire. With a smattering of well toned sex and violence they are a great yarn and shed light on the lives of these people.

Hell yeah I'm interested! Do you think you could have your friend sign one for me?(I'll purchase it, of course. :3)

Siz

Quote from: The Semaestro on April 05, 2012, 02:38:48 AM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on April 05, 2012, 12:08:13 AM
'At Threesomes'

Effing Brilliante.

Hell yeah I'm interested! Do you think you could have your friend sign one for me?(I'll purchase it, of course. :3)

Well, I'm spending Easter Sunday at his house so I could get him to sign a copy then (if he's got a spare one to hand). What would you like the dedication to say? PM me your address and I'll get one in the post... Always happy to help promote his work - though a donation to the cause wouldn't hurt!