News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

are there any musicians here?

Started by applesauce, April 01, 2012, 06:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

applesauce

This is a serious question. I promise it's not an April Fools joke. I actually thought about waiting until tomorrow to post this, just in case someone did think it was a prank, but I'm too impatient to wait until tomorrow. I'll probably post an update tomorrow saying "still not a prank" just in case :P

I write lyrics, but don't play instruments. I actually found HAF by googling "atheist guitarist" to see if I could find one. Are there any musicians at HAF that would be willing to try collaborating with me? Right now, I really need a pianist but I'll settle for a guitarist if I can't find one. It would have to be for free, because I'm a broke college student.

I don't want to put the songs up on youtube, I just wanted to see what the finished songs would sound like. This one song in particular, I wanted to give to this guy that's super special to me (that's my main goal). See, how can you say no to that? ;D If you feel like you can't be arsed to write more than one song, I'll gladly work on just that one particular song and I won't bug you to do others.

I'm honestly afraid of working with Christian musicians because I've met some people (outside of the interweb) that had awful reactions to finding out I'm not a theist. I've never been rude or pushy about my beliefs, either. If you live by my area, we can do it in person in an open public space, like Central Park. If you live far away or simply don't want to meet up in person for safety reasons, we can send recordings through email. Don't feel too bad if you can't help out. I'm actually looking everywhere, all over the internet and also at my school. So even if no one at HAF can do it, I'm bound to find someone eventually that can.

Sweetdeath

I used to play bass, but havent touched it in a while since I  did it as a hobby, not to pursue music career.

Oh, when you say Central park-- does that mean you live in NYC as well?
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

applesauce

Yup, I live in NYC. I've never pursued music as a career either.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Woo!! Yay :D
I live right on the butt of Central park north, 110th street.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

applesauce

You mean there's only two in the whole site? I would've thought there'd be way more than that!

Sweetdeath

Quote from: applesauce on April 01, 2012, 09:05:42 PM
You mean there's only two in the whole site? I would've thought there'd be way more than that!

It's fun. We have members from all around the world.

Tank

There may be more but Sweetdeath is the only one that springs to mind.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

There may be lurkers :)

I couldn't play an instrument to save my life )as my music teacher would attest to) and I live far away in Brazil, so I couldn't be of much help either way. ;D

Good luck.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Firebird

Used to be a music major in another life, but haven't played seriously in over 10 years. But it's a nice idea
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on April 01, 2012, 09:09:20 PM
There may be more but Sweetdeath is the only one that springs to mind.

Awww, I feel the love <3

Guardian85

I have played the kitchen section for quite a few years, and like to think I can knock out a pretty mean beat. 8)

I live in Norway, however, so it might be a bit of a difficult drive to get to Central Park...

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Siz

My last endeavour (last year) was a metal outfit called MetalTürd which ended as it started - in drunken mayhem. 'Twas a glorious last flicker of light from several aging, tired old metal Dads! We booked rehearsal rooms and everything...

We covered:

Warriors of Ghengis Khan - Bad News (band of The Young Ones cast)
Breaking the Law - Judas Priest
The Gods made Heavy Metal - Manowar
Blitzkrieg - Blitzkrieg
I wanna rock - Twisted Sister.

For a few months we were True Brothers of Heavy Metal but we sucked. It was a hilarious riot of fun - more fun than I ever had when I took it seriously many years previously.

Alas, I am in London, England... and am a rubbish rhythm guitarist (it took me 20 years to work that out!).

Best of luck... Death to False Metal...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Asmodean

If you need mixing, special effects and/or synths, I can do it over the WWW. Like Guardian85, I am in Norway.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

applesauce

Thanks guys! Sorry it took me so long to reply. If I end up finishing the song, I'll let you know his reaction to it!  :)