News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

hey, I'm new here

Started by applesauce, April 01, 2012, 02:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: applesauce on April 01, 2012, 05:11:15 PM
Pudding: Are you a Harry Potter fan, by any chance? The wand chooses the wizard!

Ye sure I am but these ideas have been floating around forever.

But why are you alliterating??

It's not me, I'm just channelling the force.

Guardian85

Guardian: I'm actually a girl, not a dude :)

Had to be one or the other, right?
Welcome anyway, appledudette!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Quote from: applesauce on April 01, 2012, 01:36:06 PM
Haha, I don't know why I chose that username out of all the ones I could've possibly chosen. I don't even like applesauce...I don't know when the last time it was I even had some.
Hello and welcome.  That being said who doesn't like applesauce?  Grrrr  >:(
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Truthseeker

Suffering is the breaking of the shell that encloses one's understanding.  Khalil Gibran

Ali

Pudding: Are you a Harry Potter fan, by any chance? The wand chooses the wizard! But why are you alliterating??

The question is NOT "Why is Pudding alliterating?"  The question is "Why AREN'T you?"  ;)

Please forgive me if at random points I say to you "I'm the boss, applesauce."  I can't help it.  

ETA:  Haha, oh yeah, and welcome!

SweetLaura286

applesauce

Quote from: Anne D. on April 01, 2012, 05:13:21 PM
Were you a believer at one point, or have you always been an agnostic/atheist? Feel free not to answer if you prefer not to go into it.

Hi Anne. Sorry it took me a while to reply. I used to consider myself really Christian. I genuinely did believe at one point. I'm not anymore, but it wasn't a rough transition. It didn't shock me too much. It just happened slowly over time, I guess.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 01, 2012, 02:46:57 PM
Haha, I don't know why I chose that username out of all the ones I could've possibly chosen.

Isn't it obvious, you didn't choose your username, your username chose you.
If you coerce your conciousness into coalescing with the cosmos complete clarity is channelled.
Apple, so much meaning there.  Starts with A and is more than a metaphor for the beginning of our knowing.
Sauce, source, it's so obvious.
You need to step away and look back with your peripheral vision to see where you were.
Anyway I have to get back to watching Men Who Stare at Goats.

Is it weird that that made perfect sense to me?

Hi applesauce! I like applesauce.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Amicale

Quote from: Guardian85 on April 06, 2012, 10:04:22 AM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 06, 2012, 03:36:28 AM
Is it weird that that made perfect sense to me?
Yes.

Made purrrrr-fect sense to me too. Shocker, that.  ::)  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

el_presidente

Quote from: applesauce on April 06, 2012, 03:33:49 AM
I used to consider myself really Christian. I genuinely did believe at one point. I'm not anymore, but it wasn't a rough transition. It didn't shock me too much. It just happened slowly over time, I guess.

That seems to be the norm, though for me the hardest part for me was actually saying "I don't believe in God" out loud.  Fear is a powerful thing  :-\.

Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.  God won't do it, so we must do it ourselves.

chic

Quote from: Amicale on April 01, 2012, 03:12:48 PM
Haha, I don't know why I chose that username out of all the ones I could've possibly chosen.

If you coerce your conciousness into coalescing with the cosmos complete clarity is channelled.
Apple, so much meaning there.  Starts with A and is more than a metaphor for the beginning of our knowing.
You need to step away and look back with your peripheral vision to see where you were.

:D Speaking of sauce, it's time to get off it, Puddin'!

This is the kind of repartee I hoped to find on HAF.  Supple minds exhausting Merriam-Webster!

Buddy

Hi there! Good to see another noob.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

Quote from: chic on April 09, 2012, 02:52:07 PM
Quote from: Amicale on April 01, 2012, 03:12:48 PM

:D Speaking of sauce, it's time to get off it, Puddin'!

This is the kind of repartee I hoped to find on HAF.  Supple minds exhausting Merriam-Webster!

One thing I find ironic is that Merriam-Webster's website is m-w.com. Perhaps they're afraid people in need of a dictionary will be unable to spell the full name out?  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan