Texas Freethought Convention +AAI Convention 2011 = Dawkins

Started by Whitney, March 15, 2011, 12:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

QuoteTo All Our Friends and Guests,

The Texas Freethought Convention is pleased to announce our venue and dates for this year's event to be held in Houston, Tx.   This year, we are privileged to have Atheist Alliance International co-sponsor the event with us.   This year's event in Houston, will also be the official annual event by AAI.  

This means we're providing our guests a double-whammy of what a national organization will bring along with what a state-wide/grass roots/community organization provides.  

We are excited to announce Richard Dawkins will also be speaking at the event.  

The dates are October 7-9th, (Fri-Sun) 2011.  The venue is The Hilton Americas - Houston.  

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/H ... s/index.do

Soon we'll post further talent and activity information (musicians, comedians, speakers,  panels, entertainment, interactive) and pricing information for the event, etc.  Since this is a co-sponsored event, we'll also have more information on which site you can go to to purchase tickets.  

Please stay in touch with us for further information.  

Thank you for all your inquiries and patience!

--
Paul Mitchell,
President
Texas Freethought Convention

email: https://www.facebook.com/TexasFreethoug ... ion?ref=ts

I hope to see you all there.

Will

You know something? I might actually be able to open up my schedule for this. I was disappointed to miss AAI '10, which I'd planned on attending. As we get closer, I'll let people know if this will work and we can all meet up and grab dinner or something.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

missedtheboat

Richard Dawkins will be there?! I would love to try and go to this... distance is an issue though, gr.

JuggernautJon

Im going to try my best to make it to that one. I'd really like to hear Richard Dawkins speak. The cover charge will be well worth it! The Secular Student Alliance that I recently joined is going as a group...should be really fun
I come from the water

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

Whitney

Quote from: JuggernautJon on September 01, 2011, 02:51:06 AM
Im going to try my best to make it to that one. I'd really like to hear Richard Dawkins speak. The cover charge will be well worth it! The Secular Student Alliance that I recently joined is going as a group...should be really fun

Make sure you sign up using the special SSA rate; it will save you a lot of money.

I am no longer planning on going; great speakers but ended up costing more than I'm willing to spend.

Whitney

Here's a video shot at the convention

QuoteHello

I'm the Online Producer for the Dateline current affairs program on SBS TV in Australia. I just wanted to let you know that the story we filmed recently with Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins at the Texas Freethought Convention is now available to view online at http://www.sbs.com.au/dateline/story/about/id/601379/n/Fighting-Faith

It also features some of the visitors to the convention, and there's a link to our interview with Richard Dawkins when he was in Australia last year.

We're keen for as many people to see the story as possible, so I'd be grateful if you could pass the link on to anyone else who might be interested, and post it on your website, facebook or twitter.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew Sainsbury
Online Producer
SBS Dateline