News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Anyone from Missouri a "free thinker"?

Started by SEMO FREE THINKER, April 08, 2012, 09:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEMO FREE THINKER

Anyone from Missouri?  I don't know of any "free thinkers" in my neck of the neighborhood, but there is always hope! ;D  Give me a sign I'm not the only one.  I feel so overwhelmed by "the holy spirit" round here that I have to reaffirm my non belief sometimes. 

Tank

Sorry, I'm safely on the other side of the Atlantic in good old blighty  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I'm way south in the butt of Brazil ;D

Welcome!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: SEMO FREE THINKER on April 08, 2012, 09:32:14 PM
Anyone from Missouri?  I don't know of any "free thinkers" in my neck of the neighborhood, but there is always hope! ;D  Give me a sign I'm not the only one.  I feel so overwhelmed by "the holy spirit" round here that I have to reaffirm my non belief sometimes. 

Free-thinker meetups  You can use your ZIP code to find something closer to you -- I just used Jefferson City's because it was the only place in Missouri that came immediately to mind.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ali

I was born in Joplin MO but I live in Denver CO now.  I do NOT envy you being an atheist in MO.  I still have lots and lots of (very religious) family there, so I know the drill. 

Velma

My husband and I live outside of St. Louis.  We used to meet with a group we found at meetup.com, but once I started working, it became inconvenient.  Like BooksCatsEtc said, meetup is probably your best bet for finding a group near you.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Nope but don't be afraid to poke around online looking for fellow atheists. I used google to find a facebook group for GA within 10 minutes that meets in my town quite often.  235 people and counting all right in the middle of crazy town.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

missourigal86