News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

New here!

Started by Hawkfan05, December 10, 2007, 02:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkfan05

Well I am bored on a Sunday night and started too search... Anyways Ill be sticking around. I want to learn from everyone here and get support! I was raised in a all christian family and was a believer myself untill college. The biggest influenece was my interest in astronomy and how it contradicted christianity. Ill try and keep this breif because it could be a long post. Anyways now Im atheist for many reasons. My family is still all strict christian. Which is a pain in the a$$ because when you visit for holidays all you hear is "its gods plan!" and "Im so blessed" I just sit there and smile but Im laughing inside. I guess this is sounding like a vent; sorry it feels good. Well Im glad to join this site and eager to learn to stregthen my atheist belief. If they get enjoyment and commradery from church then this will be my church. Happy to be here!!

rlrose328

Another Oregonian!  Nice to see you!

I'm Kerri... and I'm so blessed.  ;)  I just don't need to thank some unseen being for all of my blessings.

Welcome!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

tacoma_kyle

So where in Oregonia? lol K-Falls here homie.

A easy way to get outta that religion crap on Christmas is to work! haha I get to work x-mas day....time and a half---I'm down witht that!

Hey Kerri, somethin kinda funny---well not really but you have 444 posts with the age bein 44. Kinda funny I thought.
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

MommaSquid

Welcome to the forum, hawkfan05.  We love rants around here, so there's no need to apologize.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

McQ

Welcome to the forum, Hawkfan, and rant away!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

timothy40744

I just registered also, Hawk. Welcome! (Go Hawks!) I've been an atheist since the tender age of ten. (I did backslide once, but there was a female involved, lol) I suppose that makes me a "born-again" atheist, whatever that means. Since infants come from the womb as atheists, I imagine that there a lot of "born-again" atheists. Even though I live in the corroded, tarnished buckle of the "bible belt," I believe that there are more than a few of us here that are still "in the closet." (No offense intended to gay folks!) If you want to strengthen your atheism, keep your eyes wide open & throw the blinders in the bin. Reality itself screams the case for atheism.

Hawkfan05

Im from Madras OR, Moved out here from Eugene were I went to the UO. Im not saying I hate X-mas, I love to see my family even if they are brainwashed with religion. Plus I like receiving gifts...Im such a selfish bast!, but so are all mammals! LOL.
        Since I know what being a christian was like I have too say Im amazed at how great it feels to remove all the guilt and pressure that beilevers face. Im very relieved that my belief changed before I have any childeren. Now I can teach them to base any belief on sceientific fact and good logic.  I am disgusted at how my family raises there childeren on "faith" in a imaginary all powerful being. Oh well...when they die it wont make any difference, they will dissapear like all of us. However it scares me so much to see conservative christians with so much power in government. I think that is the main reason we have to try and change the religious majoritys thinking to avoid future wars based on myths and stories from the dark ages. It just blows my mind somtimes that more people dont question their faith. I can personally tell you that when a young good friend of mine died in an accident several years ago that what helped me through the pain was thinking that I would see him again. Now I know that religion is how people deal with pain and sadness in there lives. It really is like a powerful drug.
   Anyways I glad to see others that think similar; because I am a definate minority; at least in my social environments.

BleedingOrchid

WELCOME TO THE SITE!
Here we are
Upon your stage
The love we share
The dreams we'll save
They're bleeding the orchid...~Smashing Pumpkins

SteveS

Hey Hawkfan05 - welcome to the forum!  Thanks for all the interesting background material.

Mister Joy

Hey, welcome aboard the fun-boat of rational thinking! :)

Maria_1

Welcome!  I'm new here myself. :)

Whitney

Welcome to the forum :D