News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Aloha, Happy Atheists!

Started by Yodas_Apprentice, March 23, 2012, 10:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetLaura286

Aloha, Apprentice! I am a fellow vegetarian happy atheist :)

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Quote from: Yodas_Apprentice on March 24, 2012, 12:12:11 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 24, 2012, 12:00:05 AM
Welcome!  Any husband of DJ's is a friend of ours.

I'll let her other husbands know ;)
Welcome.  Hilarious.  Sarcasm is just another part of the force.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Yodas_Apprentice

Quote from: SweetLaura286 on April 03, 2012, 02:08:40 PM

Hurray!  There's more than one of us! :D

Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on April 06, 2012, 05:58:46 PM

It's probably the Light Side's best power ;)
"I'm a madman with a box without a box!!" -Eleventh Doctor, "The Doctor's Wife"

Amicale

Quote from: Yodas_Apprentice on April 06, 2012, 06:50:46 PM
Quote from: SweetLaura286 on April 03, 2012, 02:08:40 PM

Hurray!  There's more than one of us! :D

Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on April 06, 2012, 05:58:46 PM

It's probably the Light Side's best power ;)

The Force is like duct tape. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. - Author unknown

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Amicale

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

Hi Y_A and welcome!  Is it wrong that for the moment I am thinking of you as Mr. DeterminedJuliet? :D

Yodas_Apprentice

Quote from: Amicale on May 02, 2012, 07:06:24 AM

Nice :)

Quote from: Ali on May 02, 2012, 02:26:05 PM
Hi Y_A and welcome!  Is it wrong that for the moment I am thinking of you as Mr. DeterminedJuliet? :D

No worries!  She's cooler than I am anyway ;)
"I'm a madman with a box without a box!!" -Eleventh Doctor, "The Doctor's Wife"

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Yodas_Apprentice on May 02, 2012, 02:51:14 PM
No worries!  She's cooler than I am anyway ;)

I'm not rushing to a conclusion, I haven't seen your belly dance yet.

rickrocks

You are very fortunate to live in an enlightened society in Canada. I'm from Buffalo NY, the poor outlying suburb of Toronto. The wife and I visit Canada very often. In fact we recently saw a play at a little black box theater called "Prisoner of Tehran". (BTW thanks you've inspired me to post to HAF about the play) It's about oppression as a woman living in Iran. I'm sure it just scratches the surface of the horrors that are part of everyday life in places like Iran. But after the play, coming out of the theater into the sunshine, in a kitchy little neighborhood in Toronto made me think, "I am so very very fortunate."

Our preferences in hockey teams probably cause more controversy than religious matters!

A link to info on the play (unfortunately the show has run its course, but there is info about the author, theater, etc.)

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/8718955/ON/Toronto/Prisoner-of-Tehran/Theatre-Passe-Muraille-Mainspace/ON/Toronto/Prisoner-of-Tehran/

A comedic aside: I try my best to be a Sabres fan, I really do.

rickrocks

I was just struck with a question (boink)

Newfoundland and Ottawa are not even close to Hawaii. What gives with the "aloha"?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: rickrocks on May 02, 2012, 06:45:59 PM

Newfoundland and Ottawa are not even close to Hawaii. What gives with the "aloha"?

Ah ye he's just some kinda academic wanker.
It's only a matter of time before Juliet chooses one of us.
I say us but I don't mean you obviously.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 02, 2012, 06:55:20 PM
Quote from: rickrocks on May 02, 2012, 06:45:59 PM

Ah ye he's just some kinda academic wanker.
It's only a matter of time before Juliet chooses one of us.
I say us but I don't mean you obviously.

My parents just took a trip to Hawaii, so my guess would be that it sunk into his subconscious. Either that or, Newfoundland's an island - Hawaii's a collection of islands - our joint Island identities gives us free reign to steal their islandy colloquialisms.

And Puddin', if you recall, my last documented fling was with the statue of liberty. I obviously have a thing for statues.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 02, 2012, 07:02:06 PM
And Puddin', if you recall, my last documented fling was with the statue of liberty. I obviously have a thing for statues.

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

The Magic Pudding