News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Internet hoaxes you've seen?

Started by fester30, March 10, 2012, 12:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 11, 2012, 12:42:21 AM
Quote from: Amicale on March 10, 2012, 09:37:12 PM
Quote from: Ihateyoumike on March 10, 2012, 09:30:07 PM
Quote from: Amicale on March 10, 2012, 06:04:39 PM

:D lol yes, I remember this. I also remember being shocked and horrified when I first saw it. Then again, I was only 14 or 15 when that hit the web, and if you looked up gullible in the dictionary, you might have seen my picture.

Probably... Except that gullible was removed from the dictionary a while back.

It was?!? Who the heck did that?  :o *races off to see*

I really hope that was sarcasm.  :D

;D Yep. That was the Amicale, in her natural habitat, goofing off like crazy as usual. Had it been in person, you would have seen me leaping over to the dictionary and frantically going through the pages like a madwoman muttering "how dare they??" under my breath.

I pull crazy crap like that all the time. Eh, at least my daughter giggles uncontrollably. Other adults sometimes give me a wide berth.  :P

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

A life without silliness is scarcely a life worth having.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.