News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

How Cold Is It?

Started by Bella, December 03, 2007, 02:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: "Willravel"The grass is always greener. Here in the SF Bay area, I miss snow and real cold. It never really gets cold here... trade?

YOU'RE CRAZY! My sister lives up there. I visited her last year at this time (well, around the beginning of Jan. actually) ... I almost died. Lol, really... I was starting to picture who would come to my funeral and I slept in my uggz!

The weather is okay here during the day... 70-80's, so I felt like a weenie a few hours after making that post... but it gets so cold at night! I'm doing the layers thing. I'm not a fan of jeans because they're rough and uncomfy and don't keep me warm... I've been wearing either sweats and uggz or skirts with thick tights, wool socks, and boots.

Heh, I just reread that... it makes me sound so wimpy! :)

SteveS

Quote from: "Bella"it makes me sound so wimpy!
Eh, not really, its all about what you get used to.  When I was traveling to D.C. a lot I was amazed at how the locals bundled up for weather in the upper 30s lower 40s.  I had usually just flown in from Chicago where it was in the teens - and it felt warm to me!  But, if it feels cold, there's no shame in dressing warmly.

Quote from: "donkeyhoty"For those of you that "miss" snow, or want snow, are you forgetting what happens after you view the pristine snowscapes outside of your windows? By that I mean, the salt stains on everything, the gray-brown slush that covers parking lots and roads, the potholes, black ice, etc.
I second that!  It just snowed on me last night/this morning (about 3 inches, so not too bad).  Up early clearing the drive before work = not fun (at least if its a weekend snow I can have a beer after the workout).  And, the snow from the street is already becoming a lovely shade of shit-brown slush.

Still - it is really pleasant outside right now.  No wind, not too cold, white (for the most part) and quiet.  But donkeyhoty is right - the pristine whiteness usually only lasts a very short time before everything gets dirty and ugly.  Blah!

shoruke

(Only read first 2 posts)

You guys use ferenheit, right? I have absolutely no idea how cold that is... it's -15 degrees (celsius, woot) here, and we haven't even hit the cold stuff yet. Sounds fun.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

tacoma_kyle

Damn thats intense. Yeah its mostly in F. Celsius times 1.8 plus 32.

Here in K-Falls OR its been mostly nippy. Snowed mid last week about 3 inches and its about half gone. So it probably hasn't been above 40 F for to long if even.

Nights, somewhere in the 20's is my guess. I leave for work at 6:40am and its in the 20's, I leave at 5:30 and its in the 30's and dropping lol. Oh darker than when I left. Bla.

Suppose to snow more---wahoo!
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

SteveS

By my calculation, -15C is +5F.  It hasn't gotten that cold in Chicago yet this year --- only to the teens.

Usually I can detect when it gets below 0F - the inside of your nose freezes when you breathe.

Steve Reason

Quote from: "BleedingOrchid"
Quote from: "rlrose328"it's a very cold rain coming down

Oh please, oh please share some of your rain with our extremely dry southeast portion of the country! It's supposed to snow here 2nite, but only a bit. We need more precipitation & it's 32* right now...

Em   :?

Hey, just move to Georgia, their governor is praying for rain so I'm sure they'll be good to go anytime now.  :D

It's not been too bad lately, but it's getting colder now and a winter storm is on our doorstep. It's 30 degrees at the moment.

BTW, a lady in PJs or longjohns--VERY sexy!  :hail:
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/