News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Favorite TV Shows

Started by Traveler, March 03, 2012, 06:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Traveler on March 04, 2012, 05:52:34 PM
Oh, I LOVE Red Dwarf!!! I haven't seen it in ages ... must dig it out. :)
I am an avid fan of Red Dwarf  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ihateyoumike

Breaking bad
Dexter
It's always sunny in Philadelphia
Impractical jokers
The league
Modern family
Penn & teller: bullshit
Penn & teller: tell a lie
Anything on science channel, discovery, history, etc...
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Traveler

Quote from: Tank on March 04, 2012, 08:48:22 PM
Mythbusters!!!

YES!!! The redhead is supposed to appear at the Reason Rally in DC. I'm hoping to go. :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Traveler on March 05, 2012, 03:22:01 AM
Mythbusters!!!

YES!!! The redhead is supposed to appear at the Reason Rally in DC. I'm hoping to go. :)

Which one?
They are both OK but they do have a differing appeal.

Buddy

I miss the Mythbusters. Did anyone see that they are coming out with a new show? I think that it's about teams trying to build complex machines for a contest, but it looks really interesting.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 05, 2012, 02:20:52 PM
I miss the Mythbusters. Did anyone see that they are coming out with a new show? I think that it's about teams trying to build complex machines for a contest, but it looks really interesting.
Mythbusters has a new series out in three weeks!

xSilverPhinx

Lately I mostly stick to watching HBO mini series (they're the best) when they come out, but when I would watch cable the shows I would watch almost religiously were House and the Amazing Race.

Game of Thrones season 2 is coming April 1st. ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 06, 2012, 04:15:36 AM
Lately I mostly stick to watching HBO mini series (they're the best) when they come out, but when I would watch cable the shows I would watch almost religiously were House and the Amazing Race.

I'm anxiously awaiting Game of Thrones.  Do you watch Spartacus? 

Beachdragon

I tend toward cooking shows, history shows, medical shows. 

I don't watch many sitcoms, though sometimes I'll watch Bones.

I really like Castle a lot.  Also Body of Proof.  I used to really like Law and Order Criminal Intent, but they messed it up.

Doctor Who (Old and New), Star Trek, Stargate, Stargate Atlantis, Farscape, Firefly

Do some of the UK people here remember the show Supersizers Go?  These two people (He's a food writer and she's a comdedian) live a week in a certain time period and dress the part and eat the foods they would have eaten.  It's a lot of fun!

Traveler

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on March 05, 2012, 04:59:13 AM
Quote from: Traveler on March 05, 2012, 03:22:01 AM
Mythbusters!!!

Which one?
They are both OK but they do have a differing appeal.

The guy on the left. :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Tank

Quote from: Beachdragon on March 06, 2012, 08:18:35 PM

Do some of the UK people here remember the show Supersizers Go?  These two people (He's a food writer and she's a comdedian) live a week in a certain time period and dress the part and eat the foods they would have eaten.  It's a lot of fun!
I vaguely remember this being advertised but never watched it. I'll have to look it up.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on March 06, 2012, 05:21:55 PM

I started watching it, but stopped after the second or third episode (couldn't find the free streamed episodes again). 

Another good HBO miniseries is "The Borgias". Highly recommended.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Beachdragon on March 06, 2012, 08:18:35 PM

Love that show!  It's the only food oriented show that doesn't make me feel like cooking.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on March 06, 2012, 05:21:55 PM

I watched Spartacus, quite enjoyed that.

The first series of Game of Thrones came out on DVD yesterday so I bought that as people here have been keen on it.