News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

200 lashes and jailed for being raped!

Started by wadderus, December 02, 2007, 02:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wadderus

Every body I guess has heard abt this story I looked for the saudi press websites in arabic to try and get a balanced idea abt the story

Most of the saudi government reply is not even worth being translated

But it seems that her story goes as follows

She had a boyfriend and after getting engaged to another man she went to retrieve her photos from him when seven men followed them abducted her after beating the man .

All 7 of them raped her after they toke her to a farm
Then they threw her on the streets she went to the hospital and was hospitalized for three days
After she was able to gather her courage she went with her story to the police

They were able to catch the criminals cos she told them that they smelled like fish and then was able to identify 4 of them from the local fish market

She was sentenced for 90 lashes for being with a foreign man (now that sounds familiar I refer you to my post abt the worst thing a religious man did to u)

The men were also jailed and lashed ,capital punishment was not performed on them cos according to islamic laws she needed to have 2 male witnesses which she failed to provide (well im against capital punishment any ways)

After that her punishment was raised up to 200 bcos she spoke out to the media!

Saudi Arabia is the only arabic country that applies such barbaric laws

The wahabism has poisoned the arabic and islamic world and destroyed the arab image for ever

I don't know for how long the international community will allow this regime to get away with such crimes

SteveS

Yeah - Personally, I think the relationship between the US government and Saudi Arabia is sort of shameful.  The state feels it is in their best interest to remain allies - but how can you tolerate blatant "crimes against humanity" like this?

I guess this is where idealism and practical reality collide - but it doesn't remove the shame.  This action should be condemned in the international community and the UN - but I guess the world doesn't work that way.  :(

The same sort of problem afflicts the US/Pakistan relationship, IMHO.  There are probably many more....

fodder

Did you know that under Sharia law, the age of criminal responsibility for a boy is fourteen, but for a girl it is NINE.