Started by Tom62, February 20, 2012, 06:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 21, 2012, 03:17:20 AM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on February 21, 2012, 02:46:32 AM
Quote from: Tom62 on February 20, 2012, 06:14:53 PM
Quote from: history_geek on February 20, 2012, 10:01:16 AM
Meh, we almost got a gay president this time around. Beat that :p
Our foreign minister is gay. And the former first lady has a tattoo. try to beat that  8)

Our Prime Minister is a female atheist who lives with a male hair dresser.
The leader of the opposition, known as the mad monk is more popular.  :(
The Minister for School Education, Early Childhood and Youth used to sing in an excellent rock band.
Penny Wong, minister for finance is gay.
The leader of the Greens is gay, but that's hardly surprising.
We had a cool guy on the High court who was gay but he retired.

Where do you live again? *____*

"Our Prime Minister is a female atheist who lives with a male hair dresser.
The leader of the opposition, known as the mad monk is more popular.  :("

From this and the cricket bat I'm guessing Australia
Retired member.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 21, 2012, 03:17:20 AM
Where do you live again? *____*

I thought that was probably rhetorical.

Another atheist past Prime Minister.

Quotelegendary Australian Prime Minister Robert (Bob) Hawke in 1955. He drank 2.5 pints of beer in 11 seconds at University College, Oxford. Hawke recalls the incident as follows in The Hawke Memoirs (1994):

In more down-to-earth fashion I inadvertently achieved notoriety as a result of one the quaint and ancient customs of my college. A system operated at dinner in the Great Hall under which if an offence was committed - in my case coming to dinner without a gown (some bastard had borrowed mine) - on was 'sconced'. This meant having to drink two and a half pints of ale out of an antique pewter pot in less than twenty-five seconds. Failure to do so involved paying for the first drink, plus another two and a half pints.  My chance of avoiding payment lay in downing the ale within the limit and hoping that the Sconcemaster - the President of the Junior Common Room - could not beat my time. I was too broke for the fine and necessity became the mother of ingestion.  I downed the contents of the pot in eleven seconds, left the Sconcemaster floundering, and entered the Guniness Book of Records with the fastest time ever recorded.   This feat was to endear me to some of my fellow Australians more than anything else I ever achieved.

I miss the cool PMs we used to have.