News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

HAF Virtual Meetup

Started by Whitney, February 18, 2012, 06:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melmoth

Sounds cool! Even if we don't get video it'll be nice to hear your lovely voices. I'll PM the Tank.

Quote from: McQThe awkward teen years:

I have no idea what that is. But my step-dad walked in as I was reading your post, went pale, shouted "OH MY GOD IT'S ONE OF THOSE," then ran off. So it must be pretty intense. :D
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Tank

Quote from: Melmoth on February 25, 2012, 09:33:45 AM
Sounds cool! Even if we don't get video it'll be nice to hear your lovely voices. I'll PM the Tank.

Quote from: McQThe awkward teen years:

I have no idea what that is. But my step-dad walked in as I was reading your post, went pale, shouted "OH MY GOD IT'S ONE OF THOSE," then ran off. So it must be pretty intense. :D
It's one of those f'ing Hewlett Packard calculators that used reverse Polish logic data entry!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Wow, I guess I'll finally have to get a skype account. Though I won't be able to use the webcam (stupid camera on my computer doesn't work  >:().
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Crocoduck

As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

DeterminedJuliet

Pirate?
I am confused...

So! When are we going to do this! We should set a date!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Crocoduck

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 03, 2012, 02:00:03 PM
Pirate?
I am confused...

So! When are we going to do this! We should set a date!
I don't think it was ever decided where the meetup could be done.

1 Skype only allows group chats for users with premium accounts and may also be laggy.

2 Paltalk has virus issues.

3 Google only allows a maximum of 10 users in group chat.

As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

DeterminedJuliet

Well, how many people would like to participate? There only seem to be a dozen or so people who've responded here. The 10 person limit on Google+ might not actually be that limiting when you account for everyone's availabilities/time schedules, etc. Those are my thoughts, anyhoo. 
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

The Asmo is on Google+, isn't he..?  ???
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Crocoduck

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 03, 2012, 03:04:34 PM
Well, how many people would like to participate? There only seem to be a dozen or so people who've responded here. The 10 person limit on Google+ might not actually be that limiting when you account for everyone's availabilities/time schedules, etc. Those are my thoughts, anyhoo. 
Yes only a few have responded so far but what will happen when people find out theres going to be cake?

Dobermonster
Some dude in a Tank

Tank

This is the list so far

amicale
Ali
Asmo
Dobermonster
Firebird
joeactor
Guardian85
Melmoth
Tank
Whitney
Will

I'm on CST +6 with Melmoth and Guardian85 is on CST +7

Thus we need to do a mid day (US) on a Saturday or Sunday.
There are 11 people on the list but the probability of all of us all being available is very low so I suggest we all get on the Google system. Has anybody got experience of the Google system?

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on March 03, 2012, 04:12:39 PM
This is the list so far

amicale
Ali
Asmo
Dobermonster
Firebird
joeactor
Guardian85
Melmoth
Tank
Whitney
Will

Thus we need to do a mid day (US) on a Saturday or Sunday.
There are 11 people on the list but the probability of all of us all being available is very low so I suggest we all get on the Google system. Has anybody got experience of the Google system?

I'll go on the list too. For some reason my webcam is working again. I haven't checked out google + yet, but I will probably sign up today and see what it's like.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

The Asmo is GMT+1 kind of Asmo too, by the way.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on March 03, 2012, 04:47:51 PM
The Asmo is GMT+1 kind of Asmo too, by the way.
Beg pardon. Not firing on all cylinders today.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on March 03, 2012, 04:50:36 PM
Beg pardon. Not firing on all cylinders today.
Since Asmos don't follow the regular human day rythm - or any sort of rythm at all, really - The Asmo's time zone is largely irrelevant, so no pardon necessary  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.