News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Go Awwwww you lose!

Started by Tank, February 16, 2012, 02:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Are you ready to squeeee?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on June 03, 2017, 07:01:41 PM

That little banana is sooooooooo cute! :dance:
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on June 03, 2017, 07:51:31 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 03, 2017, 07:01:41 PM

That little banana is sooooooooo cute! :dance:
Father Bruno, that's not a banana.  :smileshake:
That is a cute plátano, or a plantain.

I must say that the fat little pig is soooooooo cute! :dance:
:P

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on June 03, 2017, 10:02:53 PM
? It's a puppy  ;D

She's gonna bust my chops over the slight difference between a banana and a plantain even though plantains are a member of the banana family, but she can't tell the difference between a puppy and a pig?

Good grief  ::)

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on June 04, 2017, 01:09:06 AM
? It's a puppy  ;D

She's gonna bust my chops over the slight difference between a banana and a plantain even though plantains are a member of the banana family, but she can't tell the difference between a puppy and a pig?

:snicker:
I know it's a dog.

However, there is a HUGE difference between a banana and a plantain. One can't fry a banana, but one can fry a plantain.  8)

Come on Father Bruno, don't tell me you've never had platanos fritos con frijoles y crema.  :smileshake:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on June 04, 2017, 01:30:57 AM

However, there is a HUGE difference between a banana and a plantain. One can't fry a banana, but one can fry a plantain.  8)

Wait . . . you can't fry a banana?!?  I've been doing my fried banana sandwiches wrong.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Guardian85

Everybody needs to cool down in summer...

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus

? It's a puppy  ;D

I know it's a dog.

Come on Father Bruno, don't tell me you've never had platanos fritos con frijoles y crema.  :smileshake:

Exsqueeeze me Mrs. Doubtfire, butttt puhleeese...Bruno's "Plantanos Especial" are almost as famous as my "Elotes Locos"!

Here is a small sample I made recently for Mother's Day...except we use "labneh" instead of crema.

However, that's not labneh on the plate, but "Cloud Eggs"...I whip the egg whites like you would to make meringue, then bake for about 3 minutes at 450, I then remove from oven, add the egg yoke,  and then bake another 3 minutes or so. I topped them off with some fired peppers and onions.

And you called the puppy a pig, if you knew it was a puppy why'd ya call it a pig??

Drops.

Mike.

Walks.

Away.

Victory.

Bruno  8) 8) 8) 8)

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on June 04, 2017, 02:32:07 AM
? It's a puppy  ;D

I know it's a dog.

Exsqueeeze me Mrs. Doubtfire, butttt puhleeese...Bruno's "Plantanos Especial" are almost as famous as my "Elotes Locos"!

Here is a small sample I made recently for Mother's Day...except we use "labneh" instead of crema.

However, that's not labneh on the plate, but "Cloud Eggs"...I whip the egg whites like you would to make meringue, then bake for about 3 minutes at 450, I then remove from oven, add the egg yoke,  and then bake another 3 minutes or so. I topped them off with some fired peppers and onions.
Not bad, Father Bruno...

Not bad at all.

Drops.

Mike.

Walks.

Away.

Victory.

Bruno  8) 8) 8) 8)

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 04, 2017, 02:07:01 AM

Wait . . . you can't fry a banana?!?  I've been doing my fried banana sandwiches wrong.

Wait...you CAN fry a banana?!? I've tried and tried to fry a banana and I just can't.

:felix:
What am I doing wrong?

Magdalena

And you called the puppy a pig, if you knew it was a puppy why'd ya call it a pig??

Um....Oh, I don't know, maybe for the same reason you knew it was a platano, but called it a banana.  ::)

Drops.

Mike.

Walks.

Away.

Victory.

Mags  8) 8) 8) 8)

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on June 04, 2017, 03:49:40 AM

Wait...you CAN fry a banana?!? I've tried and tried to fry a banana and I just can't.

What am I doing wrong?

I thought you could because of fried banana sandwiches and figured I was frying the bananas wrong.  Now I realize I was supposed to fry the sandwich and not the banana.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 04, 2017, 12:14:12 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 04, 2017, 03:49:40 AM

What am I doing wrong?

I thought you could because of fried banana sandwiches and figured I was frying the bananas wrong.  Now I realize I was supposed to fry the sandwich and not the banana.
Yup!

But like banana fritters, it's the batter on the outside that protects the banana and prevents it becoming just a mess in the deep fat frier. I tried grilling one once, ended up with a puddle of goo, sweet  goo but goo none-the-less.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on June 04, 2017, 06:57:00 AM

Um....Oh, I don't know, maybe for the same reason you knew it was a platano, but called it a banana.  ::)

Drops.

Mike.

Walks.

Away.

Victory.

Mags  8) 8) 8) 8)

My Dearest and Most Beloved Magdalena...a banana and a plantain are from the same family, it's like the slight difference between a PitBull and Chihuahua, a brown dog and a black dog, butt a Pig and a Puppie, they don't mix if you know what I mean?

Seriously get those trifocals checked out, me thinks you need new glasses. ::)

Bruno = 2 points
Magdalena = 0