News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

one think I dont understand abt religion

Started by wadderus, November 30, 2007, 02:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wadderus

many theistic-religions claims to be the true one

Actually among these religions each sect division or school claims to be the rightful one

The head of the catholic church has recently said the Catholic Church is the only one that offers salvation to its followers which upset the orthodox in the Middle East a lot

But why is it that the rightful religion (the only one from god ) was not able to convince the majority of the world to convert to it

The largest religion in the world is still a minority when compared to the over all world population and the Quran admits that fact in saying that u will find most ppl nonbelievers

So why the humans didn't choose the pure religion
Here r some reasons I could come up with:

1-the rightful religion was not clear and powerful enough to convince the majority
Then it seems that god is not smart enough to make a convincing argument when compared to the other (man made) religions
2-god did make a powerful argument in his true religion but the human mental abilities are to blame for their misbelieving….but then who made these ppl and who knows their abilities best? It’s like manufacturing a bicycle and demanding that it wins a race with a sport car !

3-.ppl know the true religion but want to anger their creator and maybe face eternal punishment just for the fun of it…if any body can believe that

4- god has deliberately designed it this way so he/she/them can enjoy our misery… then what a god this would be

5-these r all man made religions that reflect the nature and environment of their creators

SteveS

Hi wadderus - interesting commentary.  I'm going with answer #5!  :wink: