News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Flatter the person above you.

Started by Tank, February 11, 2012, 03:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ali on February 11, 2012, 11:28:53 PM
Did I ever tell you that Sandy's my favorite name? 

You are a decent human being and a credit to to us all.

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on February 12, 2012, 02:24:53 AM
Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

I admire your flair with contradictory realities.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

skwurll

I like books, I like cats, so the usage of both of those elements in a name is the mark of an agreeable person.

Melmoth

Quote from: skwurllI like books, I like cats, so the usage of both of those elements in a name is the mark of an agreeable person.

I like your terse, precise use of language. With my tendency to waffle around the point like a rabbit caught in a snair, and to speak in needless similes and metaphors, and to compile endless lists when one example would be quite sufficient, I wish I could emulate it.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Amicale

Quote from: Melmoth on February 12, 2012, 04:05:24 AM
Quote from: skwurllI like books, I like cats, so the usage of both of those elements in a name is the mark of an agreeable person.

I like your terse, precise use of language. With my tendency to waffle around the point like a rabbit caught in a snair, and to speak in needless similes and metaphors, and to compile endless lists when one example would be quite sufficient, I wish I could emulate it.

I admire the way you use language so creatively. It makes life more interesting. That, and essay word counts longer!  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

fester30

Sandra Craft

Quote from: fester30 on February 12, 2012, 05:33:19 AM
Wigs make me hot.

You are obviously a man of excellent taste because Uncle Fester was the best Addams.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 12, 2012, 05:49:01 AM
You are obviously a man of excellent taste because Uncle Fester was the best Addams.

You seem able to conclude what's best where I could never choose.

Amicale

Magic Pudding... I do love your hat. *grin*

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

You are always so friendly and nice.  We need more people like you. 

Guardian85

Quote from: Ali on February 12, 2012, 04:44:09 PM

And the same could easily be said of you.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 12, 2012, 05:11:51 PM
Quote from: Ali on February 12, 2012, 04:44:09 PM

And the same could easily be said of you.

Awwww, that made my morning. 

Your posts always make me laugh, and I like your taste in music.   :D

Tank

It was a good day when you joined HAF.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

HAF would not be the community that it is without your one-of-a-kind (in a good way) personality and all of your hard work  :)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.