News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

The Tea Party and American History

Started by Sandra Craft, February 02, 2012, 04:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 03, 2012, 03:04:59 AM
Quote from: Ali on February 03, 2012, 02:27:39 AM
It's people like that who have made "American" a dirty word in the rest of the world.  We're not all ridiculous, I swear!  I mean, yes, most of us are, but many of us are ridiculous in nice ways.
One of my best friends lives in New Mexico. I know you are not all crazy, but the percentage is against you...

And worse yet, the percentage that's against us is the one that's most likely to vote.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Firebird

Most of us are not crazy, but that element is certainly the loudest. There are times when I really wonder if we're living in a cocoon on the east coast; I don't know anyone who owns a gun, and very few people who wear their religion on their sleeve like most Americans supposedly do.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Melmoth

Quote from: BooksCatsEtcHas anybody else heard about this?

A friend of mine posted another article about the same thing on my facebook wall a while ago with the message "good christ..."

Tea baggers. They're disgusting enough to make the staunchest atheists evoke God.

Quote from: firebirdMost of us are not crazy, but that element is certainly the loudest. There are times when I really wonder if we're living in a cocoon on the east coast; I don't know anyone who owns a gun, and very few people who wear their religion on their sleeve like most Americans supposedly do.

We know, we know, don't worry. :D We've got the British National Party over here rewriting history as they see fit too, including holocaust denial among other things. The stupid fanatics are everywhere.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Firebird on February 03, 2012, 03:36:04 AM
Most of us are not crazy, but that element is certainly the loudest.

There is a saying about the US, I'm not sure if you say it about yourselves.
The gist of it is the sides/edges are OK but the stuff in the middle is weird.

Beachdragon

On the behalf of sane Americans, I apologize for this lunatic fringe that tries to color themselves as true patriots.  They disgust me. 

I heard today that some maniac wants to try to have the 19th amendment...the amendment that gives American women the right to vote...repealed.  Talk about going back to the stone age.  *sigh*