Started by Ali, February 16, 2012, 04:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 18, 2012, 12:46:36 AM
Quote from: Amicale on February 17, 2012, 09:33:56 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on February 17, 2012, 06:59:04 PM
Quote from: Amicale on February 17, 2012, 06:44:52 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on February 17, 2012, 06:33:19 PM
The only mormon temple I have seen in Norway is here in Stavanger.
I have visited them often, but only to steal parking space near work.

:D Hey, it's a win-win situation. You get a parking spot close to work, and they get to look like they have one more devotee because your car's always parked there!

That's what I thought! But I also did it a little bit to be an ass. ;D

You'd only be an ass if you had a desecrated copy of the book of Mormon clearly displayed on your front dashboard. ;)

Please don't give me that kind of ideas!  :P

Too late.  ;D

In all seriousness, best skip that idea. You don't exactly want the church of Mormon tagging your license plate and forwarding it to the cops with a hate speech complaint.  :P

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

Is hate speech a thing in Norway?

Dobermonster

Quote from: Amicale on February 18, 2012, 02:50:31 AM
Quote from: Guardian85 on February 18, 2012, 12:46:36 AM
Quote from: Amicale on February 17, 2012, 09:33:56 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on February 17, 2012, 06:59:04 PM
Quote from: Amicale on February 17, 2012, 06:44:52 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on February 17, 2012, 06:33:19 PM
The only mormon temple I have seen in Norway is here in Stavanger.
I have visited them often, but only to steal parking space near work.

:D Hey, it's a win-win situation. You get a parking spot close to work, and they get to look like they have one more devotee because your car's always parked there!

That's what I thought! But I also did it a little bit to be an ass. ;D

You'd only be an ass if you had a desecrated copy of the book of Mormon clearly displayed on your front dashboard. ;)

Please don't give me that kind of ideas!  :P

Too late.  ;D

In all seriousness, best skip that idea. You don't exactly want the church of Mormon tagging your license plate and forwarding it to the cops with a hate speech complaint.  :P

Totally. At most, I would go over it with a red pen and my copy of 'Strunk and White'. Then you're just being helpful.

Amicale

Quote from: Dobermonster on February 18, 2012, 03:15:44 AM

Totally. At most, I would go over it with a red pen and my copy of 'Strunk and White'. Then you're just being helpful.

;D  ;D  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Guardian85

Quote from: Ali on February 18, 2012, 03:14:57 AM
Is hate speech a thing in Norway?
There is such a thing in Norway. But that wouldn't qualify.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sweetdeath

My dad says being baptized only makes sense if you're an adult.
Yup, it makes soooo much sense~
e_e
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 19, 2012, 05:40:34 AM
e_e

Well, objectively speaking, it makes more sense to offer an adult the chance to make a choice for themselves rather than baptising a baby shortly after birth and then claiming them for your religion (which it would apparently damn them to hell to leave, although they never chose it). Does the baptism itself make sense though? Nope, but at least allowing people who are WELL above the age of reason to decide for themselves does.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Amicale on February 19, 2012, 06:08:07 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 19, 2012, 05:40:34 AM
e_e

Well, objectively speaking, it makes more sense to offer an adult the chance to make a choice for themselves rather than baptising a baby shortly after birth and then claiming them for your religion (which it would apparently damn them to hell to leave, although they never chose it). Does the baptism itself make sense though? Nope, but at least allowing people who are WELL above the age of reason to decide for themselves does.

I agree with this, in spite of how stupid the concept of baptism is.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.