News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hello To All

Started by 54Quix45, January 30, 2012, 01:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

54Quix45

Thanks again for all of the welcomes. I read IT a very long time ago and can't remember a lot about it. Maybe I'll read it again if I can find time. I don't remember the turtle at all.....LOL. Did they make IT into a movie?

I can't see how someone could read the old testament and still think that "God is good". There is a lot of terrorist activity in there. Bin Laden didn't have anything on God....LOL.

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Quote from: 54Quix45 on February 01, 2012, 05:22:50 AM
Thanks again for all of the welcomes. I read IT a very long time ago and can't remember a lot about it. Maybe I'll read it again if I can find time. I don't remember the turtle at all.....LOL. Did they make IT into a movie?

I can't see how someone could read the old testament and still think that "God is good". There is a lot of terrorist activity in there. Bin Laden didn't have anything on God....LOL.
Thats funny.  That reminds me of a van I have been seeing that I just saw again today.  Some scrap metal guy.  The back of his van says god is good all the time.  I had to restrain from walking up to him and saying everyday except sundays right? God is lazy and needs a day off.  Even omnipotent beings need to rest right?  Wait omnipotent means all powerful? Okay then I am confused why the hell does he need a day off again?
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Amicale

Quote from: Robert on February 01, 2012, 05:30:40 PM
Quote from: 54Quix45 on February 01, 2012, 05:22:50 AM

Thats funny.  That reminds me of a van I have been seeing that I just saw again today.  Some scrap metal guy.  The back of his van says god is good all the time.  I had to restrain from walking up to him and saying everyday except sundays right? God is lazy and needs a day off.  Even omnipotent beings need to rest right?  Wait omnipotent means all powerful? Okay then I am confused why the hell does he need a day off again?

Supposedly to set an example for us poor workaholic slobs who'd work seven days a week if we could.  :D

However, the industrial revolution, and later stores that started opening 24/7/365 kinda nixed the idea of 'take Sunday off', as anyone who's been stuck in retail customer service hell on earth can tell you.  ;)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

I am still trying to figure this south thing out.  There is actually a fast food chain closed every sunday in GA.  Chick fil a.  How the hell does fast food close one day every week? I bet the other chicken places are making a killing on sundays down here!!
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey