News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Is my email hidden?

Started by Firebird, January 27, 2012, 10:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

I set my profile options so my email is hidden, but I still see it when I look at my own profile. Does this mean it is not hidden?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tank

Yes it is hidden. You can tell by looking at your profile and noticing that your email address is in italics eg. email@here as opposed to email@here. You can always see your email address. I understand your confusion I had exactly the same issue when we transferred to the new forum software.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

The higher staff still have access to it though, no? Everyone above regular mod, that is? Or is it everyone above Superod here? (Supermod = global mod)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on January 28, 2012, 10:42:38 AM
The higher staff still have access to it though, no? Everyone above regular mod, that is? Or is it everyone above Superod here? (Supermod = global mod)
All the staff here can see each users email address irrespective of the users settings.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Whitney

Quote from: Asmodean on January 28, 2012, 10:42:38 AM
Or is it everyone above Superod here? (Supermod = global mod)

Right now everyone is a global mod or admin.  There is very little difference between the global mod and admin access settings so they are practically equal.  We only use the moderator group below global for the purposes of learning the ropes before being able to delete threads and accounts....it can be surprisingly easy to accidentally delete something when getting familiar with the tools; I've done it before (fortunately not in quite a while).

Asmodean

Right! Some places have local mods, global mods, admins and admins with extended access (Usually just the owner and the tech admin)

It's nice to have a smaller government though, I suppose
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Firebird

Thanks for the quick response
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"