News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Petition to remove In God We Trust from money

Started by Gawen, January 26, 2012, 12:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

It took it quite a while for it to log me in but finally let me sign it.

AnimatedDirt

This makes sense to me, but I really don't think it warrants my time.  If it was a simple button click of 'yes'...I'd click it.

Gawen

Quote from: Ali on January 26, 2012, 08:52:14 PM
Maybe that's a hopeful sign - the White House website is so awash with atheists that they're having trouble keeping up with us?  :D
Awww,,,,we could only hope for so much!
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Too Few Lions

great post Gawen, can we sign it even if we're in the UK? (I'm imagining not). As Tank's already posted though, it's great we've got a Darwin for a banknote this side of the pond.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Too Few Lions on January 28, 2012, 01:53:41 AM
great post Gawen, can we sign it even if we're in the UK? (I'm imagining not).

Still we could suggest alternatives.

"To China We Do Owe" is my first suggestion.

"In Thieves We Did Trust" thieves, bankers, credit ratings agencies or financial markets.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 28, 2012, 02:00:44 AM
Still we could suggest alternatives.

"To China We Do Owe" is my first suggestion.
:D given the US' financial situation that's not far off the mark right now. China's of far more value to the US than any god.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 26, 2012, 08:57:50 PM
Quote from: Davin on January 26, 2012, 06:53:46 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 26, 2012, 06:38:23 PM
I'm going to sign this now. This has been as issue IMO for too long.
Only about 60 years. :P

That's still too long. :)

Particularly considering it should have never happened in the first place.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Reprobate

Do you think that if we remove, "In God We Trust" from our money, evangalists will stop asking for it?

Tank

Quote from: Reprobate on February 12, 2012, 09:46:59 PM
Do you think that if we remove, "In God We Trust" from our money, evangalists will stop asking for it?
Nope. But every little bit helps.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

The Root Of All Evil

You could even put a demonic face on it.

hismikeness

To me, the purchasing value of the number in the corners is much more important than a goofy motto. Just my opinion.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite