News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

How Do I Handle My Family?

Started by superfes, January 25, 2012, 04:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

AD are you blind? What the fuck did I just tell you and Stevil to do? - Tank
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Tank on January 25, 2012, 09:40:54 PM
AD are you blind? What the fuck did I just tell you and Stevil to do? - Tank

Not blind.  I just clicked through the "warning another post..." thing.  Apologies.

I've not had the pleasure of riding a Ducati.  I hear they are amazing!  I've only ridden on Kawasaki and Honda bikes.  I don't know that I dislike Harley bikes, but some just seem uncomfortable, others seem QUITE comfortable.  I'm more interested in the speed and handling I have felt on these others.

Please do let us know at your earliest convenience how your father is doing.

Gawen

I'm hoping your dad pulls through and no lasting damage. Having been run off the road twice in the last 3 years (but not hit), I know what he felt. Tell him and your family that a biker in Texas is rootin' for him.

As for handling all the theist well wishers, what you've been doing is fine.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Whitney

I hope your dad is doing okay.

Quote from: superfes on January 25, 2012, 08:02:05 PM
It's a Ducati, no word on the condition of the bike ;-)

Let me guess...he's more worried about the bike than himself?

Firebird

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 25, 2012, 06:36:40 PM
Quote from: Ali on January 25, 2012, 05:19:11 PM
Usually when people offer me their prayers with good intentions, I respond with "Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts." 

That seems quite appropriate.

Superfes, let us know how your dad is doing.

Agreed. They're just expressing their concern in the way they're familiar with, though I understand why you feel that way. As for this atheist, I will not be praying, but I will be thinking of your dad and hoping he'll be ok. Do keep us up to date.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Amicale

Superfes, I'm really sorry to hear about your dad's accident! I hope everything goes OK, and that your dad, you, your mom, and your dad's sisters (and any other family of course) get some comfort out of being there for one another through this. Let us know, when you can, how you and your family are doing. Take care.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

superfes

No real new news as of today, out of a second surgery, needs to be transferred to another hospital to finish fixing up his hip I guess.

Everyone seems hopeful ^_^
Nothing teaches the true teachings of Jesus Christ better than not following them.

Buddy

That's great Fes! We're all rooting for your dad.  :)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: superfes on January 26, 2012, 04:35:26 PM
No real new news as of today, out of a second surgery, needs to be transferred to another hospital to finish fixing up his hip I guess.

Great relief alround!! Excellent news.

Now we know he's safe and sound can he sue for lots of compensation!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

superfes

Quote from: Tank on January 26, 2012, 04:45:12 PM
Quote from: superfes on January 26, 2012, 04:35:26 PM

Great relief alround!! Excellent news.

Now we know he's safe and sound can he sue for lots of compensation!

By the Gods, if my parents never had to work another day of their life... o_O

They deserve a break (7 children!).
Nothing teaches the true teachings of Jesus Christ better than not following them.

Sweetdeath

Glad to hear your dad is doing better!
Anyway, dont worry about 'seeming cold.'
People are always going to think what they want no matter what you do. Smile and nod a lot if you have to, but remember, you have NO obligation to anyone but your dad and his recovery. :)

Prayer is BS; so some real advice is ask the doctors lots of questions so you can understand the medical treatments more clearly. That's what I did with my mom.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Great to hear the good news about your dad! 

AnimatedDirt

My BS prayer worked!   ;D

Seriously, I'm happy he's better.

superfes

So my father was transferred to another hospital to get more surgery on his leg, hope it all goes well ^_^

AD, thanks for the self-fulfilling prophecy ;-)

Amicale

Quote from: superfes on January 29, 2012, 06:34:53 AM
So my father was transferred to another hospital to get more surgery on his leg, hope it all goes well ^_^

AD, thanks for the self-fulfilling prophecy ;-)

Superfes, I'm really glad that it seems as though your father is slowly on the mend! I hope all goes well, too! :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan