Hello everybody I am Piet from the Netherlands

Started by Piet, December 27, 2011, 07:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piet

Dear Members,

I am sorry, that I put my luggage in this room. Actually my plan was to open a new topic in religion. But that's quite a problem. As newly registered I have not a key for this room.  So I did it my (this) way.

To promote skepticism/critical thinking I wrote some questions for the Christian believer. Are you able to put the link to these questions at this forum. Maybe one of the more experienced (active) members.  With more permission.

Thank you very much,

Piet - Rotterdam - Netherlands. Site admin from freethinker.nl

The original questions

http://www.freethinker.nl/forum/viewtop ... =31&t=8382
The translation
http://www.freethinker.nl/forum/viewtop ... 31&t=10033

Tank

Hi Piet

Unfortunatly the links are incomplete, and the reason you can't post in Religion is that you have to have 10 post before ou can do that.

Thanks for making the effort to sign up and join in.

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts.
Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum.
It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
Favorite Song, with video
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crocoduck

Hi Piet
Hang out a chat a bit and you'll have 10 posts in no time at all.
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, Piet. I wish you well with your site. I notice that the home page refers to an event in Groningen. Did you attend that event? I spent a couple of weeks in Groningen, and really enjoyed my time there. What do you think of the city? How does it compare to Rotterdam?

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Piet

Quote from: Recusant on December 27, 2011, 08:43:55 PM
Hello and welcome to HAF, Piet. I wish you well with your site. I notice that the home page refers to an event in Groningen. Did you attend that event? I spent a couple of weeks in Groningen, and really enjoyed my time there. What do you think of the city? How does it compare to Rotterdam?

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.

Overwhelming public interest.  So I was not lucky enough to meet the master himself ;D

http://freigeisterhaus.de/viewtopic.php?p=1695420#1695420

But I got a personal invitation for this event.   Okay, I have to buy my own ticket.   But three hours is not so far to meet lots of interesting people.

Piet

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 27, 2011, 11:12:22 PM
Welcome!

I hope you stick around...

Not permanent.  But a couple times a week. 

Grtz,

Piet

Dee

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Piet

Quote from: Crocoduck on December 27, 2011, 08:01:08 PM
Hi Piet

I was sick during a couple of days.  But now I am going to try to get 10. So a test for my English.

Tank

Quote from: Piet on January 10, 2012, 06:13:34 PM
Quote from: Crocoduck on December 27, 2011, 08:01:08 PM
Hi Piet

I was sick during a couple of days.  But now I am going to try to get 10. So a test for my English.
Good to see you are well again.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Traveler

If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

happyhappa

I've never known anyone from the Netherlands!
It's nice to meet you, Piet!
I look forward to reading your post with questions for Christians--- I wonder if we have some similar questions.
:)