News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

17 year old girl finds possible cancer cure

Started by Brieze, January 20, 2012, 07:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Wow, awesome! Good for her, she's definitely brilliant and going places!

What she came up with is amazing for someone of any age, let alone a 17 year old highschool student.

Although, it made me smile when I read about her receiving the grant money/scholarship, so the first thing she did is go out and buy several pairs of shoes, purple in colour, simply because she didn't have purple yet. :) I really liked that. She's remembering to be herself, and to be a teenager, rather than forcing herself to 'grow up and get serious' just because she's got a mind that's more advanced than the average fully adult mind. I think that's a good thing.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

pytheas

the succesfull identification and delivery onto shifty cellular (and subcellular) targets is nobel-grade work.

Molecules and receptors used as ID tags, are shed

delivery systems get caught up by adsorption in irrelevant places

Ricin bombs and siRNA gene therapies with collosal collateral damage

in vivo in human the stakes are high

will watch carefully this space
"Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance."
"Freedom is the greatest fruit of self-sufficiency"
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little."
by EPICURUS 4th century BCE

xSilverPhinx

Wow, that's amazing stuff, and to think that a 17 year old thought it up makes it even more so.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Crocoduck

So many times great ideas in science come from young minds who have fresh ideas but a 17 yo? Wow! The 17 yo girls around here seem to have trouble getting your order right at McDonalds.
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank