News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

God vs ?? - A Debate.

Started by AnimatedDirt, January 19, 2012, 07:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heisenberg

I mean... if the christian god did exist and was in fact omniscient, there's not much to debate about. I guess I would like to converse with him about all the terrible shit that happens in the world. Although I would think he wouldn't really speak any known language, as any one that we created would just be filled with limitations.
"No one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low"-John Lennon

Genericguy

Quote from: Heisenberg on January 19, 2012, 11:36:36 PM
I mean... if the christian god did exist and was in fact omniscient, there's not much to debate about.

Another reason I changed my answer to the god Osiris.

Gawen

Anyone in history.....hmmmmm....

Well, I don't think I'd like to debate anyone. But I think I would enjoy watching a debate...a few in fact.

Jesus vs Paul

The winner goes on to debate Muhammad.

The winner of that would debate Joseph Smith
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Genericguy on January 19, 2012, 11:43:04 PM
I mean... if the christian god did exist and was in fact omniscient, there's not much to debate about.

I would rather speak to the Shinto God Susanoo anyway. He's so cool~
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Guardian85

Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 20, 2012, 12:33:25 AM

Bishamonten is cooler.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Squid

How about a debate between Siri and iGod...

Ali

No fair.  iGod asked for some gossip and then complained that I "have no respect" when I told him some.  Typical.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 20, 2012, 12:40:11 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 20, 2012, 12:33:25 AM

Bishamonten is cooler.
He's cool too, but i'm a bigger fan  f Izanagi's children. Especially Susanoo and Tsukiyomi.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Stevil

A debate between the Swedish chef from the muppets (or Beaker or Animal) and the christian god would be funny as.

Wouldn't know who would be more understandable between the two but the entertainment value would be extremely high.

Too Few Lions

Zeus, Allah, Odin, Baal, Isis, Mithras, take your pick. I'd choose a god to debate a god. Otherwise I'm with Stevil in thinking Animal from the Muppets could probably give it a good go.

MadBomr101

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on January 19, 2012, 08:43:22 PMI disagree.  I think he'd be more than willing to allow a debate...if he existed.

But he doesn't, so, to be fair, we should probably choose a non-existant individual for him to debate.  I see this as a Pay-per-View event like Wrestlemania but with god and, I dunno, maybe Smokey the Bear.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: MadBomr101 on January 21, 2012, 03:52:21 AM
Quote from: AnimatedDirt on January 19, 2012, 08:43:22 PMI disagree.  I think he'd be more than willing to allow a debate...if he existed.

But he doesn't, so, to be fair, we should probably choose a non-existant individual for him to debate.  I see this as a Pay-per-View event like Wrestlemania but with god and, I dunno, maybe Smokey the Bear.