News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Goodbye SOPA/PIPA...hello ACTA!?

Started by history_geek, December 10, 2011, 06:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

history_geek

WTF is SOPA ? aka The American Government trying to ruin the internet

A pretty good introduction on what this issue is about for those who are still confused ;)
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Davin

An Open Letter From Internet Engineers to the U.S. Congress

QuoteSenators, Congressmen, we believe the Internet is too important and too valuable to be endangered in this way, and implore you to put these bills aside.

And most of the people that signed that have been developing the standards for the internet.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Where's the Anonymous hacker group when you need them?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Will

The direct IP address of HAF: 208.109.138.56

If SOPA manages to pass, and if some malicious or stupid person accuses HAF of copyright infringement and has us blocked, just put 208.109.138.56 in your browser's URL field and you will be taken to the site.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

ThinkAnarchy

I know my favorite site has been urging it's members to save the sever IP domains. Apparently you can easily bypass all the governments bullshit by simply putting the IP of the site in the browser. I'm not very tech savvy, if you couldn't already tell.

Ok, well I should have skimmed all the comments since Will already said it better.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

history_geek

For fuck fuckety fucks sake....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGTsM1J7TU8

Yup, those pesky corporations and numbnut politicians are still at it....*sigh* This time with a thing called "ACTA" that is more directly against any and all copyright uses in any form or manner. Copyrighted music in the background in a videoyou posted on YouTube? Off with your interent connection!

...seriously, not only are you facing the possible fines and/or jail, they might cut your interenet connection for sharing a logo....

And now I think you can understand why I'm a tiny bit upset with this bullshit...
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i