News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Chiming in with the growing list of newbies!

Started by Gibson, November 19, 2007, 09:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gibson

Hello!

As concisely as possible: I'm Gibson.  I grew up Christian and then became Catholic.  Several months ago, I stopped the persistent struggle of forcing myself to believe in Christianity.  Much research followed and here I am.  A happy atheist.   I do have some family unrest because of my decision, but I can't waste my energy worrying about their reactions.  I'm still a decent person - none of those morals have changed.  I just can't go on pretending that it's real.  Once you get out of Plato's allegorical cave, you can't go back.  

I enjoy intelligent discussions, can be a sarcastic, smart alack sometimes, and look forward to sharing ideas and questions.
Anyone who can worship a trinity and insist that his religion is a monotheism can believe anything ... just give him time to rationalize it.
-- Robert A Heinlein, from Job: A Comedy of Justice

Simone

Ello Jello! Lmao, jokes, welcome to the forums Gibson! My name's Simone, yours is Gibson, and yeah... Okay.... I'm going to go to bed now.... (Simone steps away from the keyboard. Slowly...Slowly distancing herself from the keyboard.... Leaves the room..... And then decides not to go to bed, but to eat some cheese...)
Ugh...ima back.

Will

Welcome.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

McQ

Welcome to the forum!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

MommaSquid

Welcome to the forum, Gibson.  I look forward to your brand of humor.

bitter_sweet_symphony

Welcome Gibson. Hope you have a nice time here.

Jesster85

Hello and Welcome.
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."-Richard Dawkins

SteveS

Hi Gibson - Welcome!

Whitney

welcome to the forum, gibson.