News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

IT'S A MATTER OF DEGREE ......

Started by Ateo, January 05, 2012, 08:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traveler

Hello and welcome aboard from another happy atheist. :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 06, 2012, 04:12:59 AM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on January 06, 2012, 03:22:25 AM
Quote from: Tank on January 05, 2012, 09:07:26 PM
Well you have to only do 10 posts to get let loose on the rest of the forum, for a while it was 50!

It was! And I had to do them!
But then Tank gave me a gold sticker, so it was all worth it in the end.

Welcome, though I agree with Puddin', that 50 million stat doesn't seem accurate to me. That would have been more than 1/10th of the entire population of the world during most of what we'd consider the medieval ages.

Newbies get it easy these days, not like when you woz a newb.
But the hard slog of those fifty posts made you a better contributor.
Newbs get it easy these days, they complain but they've got it so easy.
They don't understand how you suffered, you try to tell 'em but they don't listen.
Tell them how we suffered with 65x65 avatars and they'll look at you with disbelief.
We fought for the changes and they get it all handed to them on a plate.
Ungrateful, know it all, can't be told, nrerten, gnyerten, grrr, nyaaa, grrrrr ....

And what's Tank doing giving out gold stickers?  
The bastard, he'll be flogging my steak knives next.

Remember the old forum? Oh, I do.
Thank you for your sympathies.

And the gold sticker wasn't so much an actual gold sticker as it was me asking for a gold sticker and Tank saying that I had earned one.
I now have a (fairly accurate) reputation for liking shiny things.
Some day that sparkly knife will be mine!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Crocoduck

As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Liar For Jesus

You said Islam and Christianity both view unbelievers the same way .  I have to disagree because doesnt the BIble say to love and pray for those who are unbelievers and who may persecute you...where as the Koran says to retaliate toward those that persecute you for your Islam faith ?    That is my understanding .

Ateo

Struggling Atheist ......  Sorry, the christian bible says the same thing, I'm not going to try to find it, but it's there. That statement isn't a hing pin for believing anything about christians or the bible anyway. 
"Faith is to the human what sand is to the ostrich"

"Humanity's first sin was faith; the first virtue was doubt."

Whitney

This isn't a intro area topic, so if it needs to be discussed further (struggling atheist) then start a new thread in the Religion section.  But yes, there are parts of the christian bible that call for the killing of non-believers; granted most if not all examples are in the OT but that's part of the christian bible even if some christians consider it archaic.

McQ

Quote from: Ateo on January 08, 2012, 09:50:02 PM
Struggling Atheist ......  Sorry, the christian bible says the same thing, I'm not going to try to find it, but it's there. That statement isn't a hing pin for believing anything about christians or the bible anyway. 

If you're going to make the claim, you should probably back it up with the source. We're not going to believe you "just because" you say it's there.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette