News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: Christopher Hitchens Died

Started by Crow, December 16, 2011, 06:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Yeah, today was laundry day. I woke up at 4am, and saw this post about his death on my fb. I cried a bit. T_T too much death fir me this year.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

wildfire_emissary

Took me long enough to accept that he is gone.   :'(
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 17, 2011, 05:52:32 AM
Yeah, today was laundry day. I woke up at 4am, and saw this post about his death on my fb. I cried a bit. T_T too much death fir me this year.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

Don't really come as a big surprise as he's been sick for a while. Still sad though.
The world's what you create.

Guardian85

At least he did his fans the kindness of going on a Saturday. That way we can get properly hammered in his honour!  ;D

Seriously though, a notable loss to the world.  :(

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

DeterminedJuliet

I'm watching Penn and Teller's "Bullshit": "Holier than thou" episode which features Christopher Hitchens.

Much love <3
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Yeah... "And after a few more cigarettes and glasses of whisky..."

Gotta say, the man knew how to live  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 18, 2011, 11:14:20 PM
I'm watching Penn and Teller's "Bullshit": "Holier than thou" episode which features Christopher Hitchens.

Much love <3

I need to watch that episode. <3

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Magdalena

I liked this one, simple, wise and to the point:

Is it too modern to notice that there is nothing [in the ten commandments] about the protection of children from cruelty, nothing about rape, nothing about slavery, and nothing about genocide? Or is it too exactingly "in context" to notice that some of these very offenses are about to be positively recommended?

―God Is Not Great
Christopher Hitchens

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 18, 2011, 11:14:20 PM

Much love <3

I've got to watch that episode again sometime...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

Quote from: magdalena on December 19, 2011, 05:03:09 AM
I liked this one, simple, wise and to the point:

Is it too modern to notice that there is nothing [in the ten commandments] about the protection of children from cruelty, nothing about rape, nothing about slavery, and nothing about genocide? Or is it too exactingly "in context" to notice that some of these very offenses are about to be positively recommended?

―God Is Not Great
Christopher Hitchens

That is a great quote. Damn, i'll miss him.  :(

Will37

Sad day indeed.  I'm a vodka guy but I bought a bottle of scotch as a tribute.
'Out of a great number of suppositions, shrewd in their own way, one in particular emerged at last (one feels strange even mentioning it): whether Chichikov were not Napoleon in disguise'
Nikolai Gogol--> Dead Souls

'Коба, зачем тебе нужна моя смерть?'
Николай Иванович Бухарин-->Letter to Stalin

'Death is not an event in life: we do not live to exp