News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Work "Holiday" Party

Started by ryanvc76, November 13, 2007, 04:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MommaSquid

Ryanvc76, are you allowed to re-open the office after the party?

You and your staff could volunteer to complete your regular work hours after the party so the troops don't suffer mail delays.  

As long as no one asks for over-time, I don't see what the possible objection could be.  (But, then again, I've never worked for the government.   :) )

Paying $18 for a crappy lunch would rub me the wrong way, too.   Go for the cheaper buffet or brown bag it.

ryanvc76

It appears that I was not the only person who objected to the party and overpriced meal being mandatory.  Today, I received an email that said the party is no longer mandatory, but that if you aren't at the party, you had better be working.

Problem solved - I can spend 5 bucks on lunch instead of 18, and my customers will be taken care of!
---=---=---=---=---
http://www.vancleave.de
---=---=---=---
"[The Bible] has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies." - Mark Twain

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

---=---

SteveS

Sweet, dude, looks like it worked out!

ryanvc76

Yeah, it looks that way.  Luckily, I wasn't the one that had to be "that guy". I'm not even sure who got it changed, but in the end, reason prevailed.
---=---=---=---=---
http://www.vancleave.de
---=---=---=---
"[The Bible] has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies." - Mark Twain

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

---=---

Bella

Quote from: "rlrose328"
Quote from: "Bella"If I liked my coworkers and felt like going, I'd go. If not, then there are probably all sorts of excuses you could come up with. Personally, I think Xmas is a waste of time, a waste of money, and the whole concept is just a lie. But, a party is a party. lol.  :D I s'pose I'm a bit of a grinch, then. I'm not a fan of most holidays. Like on V-day, those "romantic" dinners and chocolates just seem forced. Easter doesn't need much of an explanation, hehe. Christmas comes with too much stress.

Halloween is okay because I get to dress up, New Years is just one big drunken party so that's good too (heh), and I like Turkey Day because it's all about spending time with people you love and eating pie (people say it's turkey... but it's really the pie, hehe).

SteveS

I'm in a quoting mood today, so I give you Dave Barry on the Holidays:

Quote from: "Dave Barry"In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians called it 'Christmas' and went to church; the Jews called it 'Hanukka' and went to synagogue; the atheists went to parties and drank. People passing each other on the street would say 'Merry Christmas!' or 'Happy Hanukka!' or (to the atheists) 'Look out for the wall!  
:lol:

User192021

What a shitty situation.  I'd love to recommend you go the revolutionary route and make a big deal out of seperation of church and state, etc...  But I'm assuming you're a regular working Joe with bills to pay and maybe a family to feed like the rest of us, so it sounds like you're gonna have to bite the bullet on this one.  Pick your battles...