Assuming, what will you miss when you die that isn't a person?

Started by Gawen, December 24, 2011, 07:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on January 02, 2012, 06:07:50 AM
Quote from: magdalena on January 02, 2012, 05:49:44 AM
Mr. Grumpy, will you take a peso for one of your TACO?  ???
A peso..? What's it made of?  ??? Can it be used for acts of great evil?

If you sell me the The Asmo's Courses on Offending (TACO). for €29.95, I can learn to use it for acts of great evil.  ;)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

Now THAT is an exellent point! The Asmo, he should have his own self-help DVD, no? To scam... Eh... educate the gulli... Uh... uninformed out of their coin. That is... For a small donation. Educate. Uninformed. Yes.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Asmodean on January 02, 2012, 07:10:53 AM
Now THAT is an exellent point! The Asmo, he should have his own self-help DVD, no? To scam... Eh... educate the gulli... Uh... uninformed out of their coin. That is... For a small donation. Educate. Uninformed. Yes.  :D
I keep wanting to use religious myths to make money, but i'm not sure how.

In america, the ONLY thing you dont need a vender's liscence for are religious  malarkey in the street. I can sell mugs, candles, etc of jesus and not need to pay a tax. How gross is that??
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Stevil

I hope I die before my wife does. I would be devastated to see her go.
PS. Yeah, I know, I broke all the rules of this thread.

Tank

Quote from: Stevil on January 02, 2012, 08:35:55 PM
You little devil you!  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Stevil

Quote from: Tank on January 02, 2012, 08:38:35 PM
Quote from: Stevil on January 02, 2012, 08:35:55 PM
You little devil you!  :D
I have been practicing my evil lately, thought I would inflict this forum as a trial run before I unleash myself on the world.
Wanted to save myself some money, but maybe Asmo's TACO course might be a good idea.

Melmoth

Good music.

Playing my piano when it's badly in need of tuning, and fucking it up, and shouting at it as if it were personally responsible.

Tom Waits's voice. Not the man himself, just his voice, so it doesn't count as a person.

Tom Waits's dress sense. Again, just the dress sense, not the man.

Tom Waits's weird, allegorical way of expressing himself.

Tom Waits's hands, arms and legs.

Tom Waits's face.

Tom Waits's name.

Casually abusing logic. Usually to justify my abuse of everything else.

Apples. I am partial to a nice, juicy apple.

Quote from: SweetdeathI keep wanting to use religious myths to make money, but i'm not sure how.

In america, the ONLY thing you dont need a vender's liscence for are religious  malarkey in the street. I can sell mugs, candles, etc of jesus and not need to pay a tax. How gross is that??

You wouldn't have to pretend to be a Christian or anything. And if people just assume you are one then, well, on their own heads be it.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Buddy

All of my animals/ pelts
Food- mostly cheesecake and chicken Alfredo
My iPhone (that sounds really materialistic of me but it's the truth)
*Edit I wanted to ad fur in general. Be it live of dead.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Happy_Is_Good

Quote from: Gawen on December 24, 2011, 07:04:08 PM
Or a pet.

I'm going to miss

The smell when you first open up a can of coffee.

Music

The woods

The sound of nothing after a good snowfall.

The sights and smells of autumn.

New discoveries.

Bacon (the meat, not Kevin)

...and these are a few of my favourite things...

I will miss paying Taxes...and I will miss the sound of a Dentist's drill cutting into my molar, and the smell of a burning tooth.  I will miss the warm rush of impending Influenza, and the heat of pneumonia.

Yeah....I will miss these things.  

Actually, I will miss none of these things, for I will be dead.  I've listed some negative things, but I could just as easily listed some positive things.  But...I don't think it matters when you are dead.

I can handle the thought of being dead, for I have seen it happen so many times.  People die.  They struggle with all their might and then they cease.  In fact, we all struggle with all our might, and then we die. This is the truth of things.

Do not be afraid.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Melmoth on January 02, 2012, 09:28:39 PM

Tom Waits's dress sense. Again, just the dress sense, not the man.

He does wear a hat with a certain style, the way he flips it and lifts it, hides his eyes.
I'll steal one if I ever attempt a living rough street poet look.

Quotelet the crows pick me clean but for my hat

skwurll

My list

-Falling asleep in a warm bed, while you can smell it raining.
-The warm embrace of a hug.
-The overwhelming feeling of pride when you accomplish something you've wanted for a long time.
-OT Therapy
-T-Juice (Something myself and a few friends invented.
-Spending money on myself
-Sex

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.