News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Assuming, what will you miss when you die that isn't a person?

Started by Gawen, December 24, 2011, 07:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawen

Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 24, 2011, 09:36:36 PM
Water - seeing it, smelling it, listening to it, swimming on, in and through it.

The sun on my face.

The warmth of my children in my bed on a cold weekend morning.

Cheese and Liquorice (not together)

The female form in general and Vanessa Paradis in particular.

Cycling in deserted hills on a cold morning.
Good call on the liquorice...water too.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Gawen

The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.

Gawen

Quote from: squidfetish
Getting mashed and jamming with my guitarist and drummer mates (I'm a bassist)
I was a bassist and drummer many years ago.
QuoteReal ale
Oh yeah...forgot about that!!

Gawen

Gawen

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 25, 2011, 02:04:45 AM
I regret missing seeing how things turn out, will we build on Mars or around distant stars?
I could console myself with the thought everything will go to shit and I'm better off out of here.
That's part of what I meant in missing new discoveries.

Asmodean

Quote from: Gawen on December 25, 2011, 02:51:57 AM
Quote from: Asmodeanthe smell of gasoline and asphalt,
burnt Avgas for me...but asphalt? Asphalt? Really?
Well, I suppose the smell is actually that of bitumen, but I do really like the smell og newly-laid asphalt concrete.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Pharaoh Cat

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Sweetdeath

I'll definitely miss Japanese curry. It's like my favorite food ever.
I'll miss dying my hair, laughing at a silly cat meme, and making costumes.
The smell of coffee, the ocean, and fresh cut grass. :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

OldGit

hismikeness

No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Gawen

lomfs24

Kevin Bacon? Really??? LOL!

I would miss watching a clay target shatter into a thousand pieces right after the sharp punch of a shotgun in my shoulder. Nothing makes me forget stress then a round or two of trap shooting.

OldGit

When I was fitter I also shot clays, but it didn't relax me.  Shooting vermin, yes. Also I already miss the summer's evenings loosing arrows at the target, the whop of the arrow punching into the straw.  The feeling a split second after you loose, knowing it's going in the gold.

Crocoduck

1 Lap dances from sweaty strippers named Mercedez, Jazmine, Peachez or Sparklez.

2 Trying to explain to my girlfriend why I came home covered in body glitter and smelling like a French Whore.

3 Cheap Vodka.

4 Cheeseburgers.
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank