News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Facebook Post

Started by MadBomr101, December 19, 2011, 02:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinkAnarchy

I rarely use Facebook, but I have a ton of Christian friends on there due to my Catholic background. They usually post stupid things about god, but never anything like that. You should post a reply, assuming it wouldn't affect your job. Virtual fights and stalking are what that site is intended for, or at least used for.

"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

DeterminedJuliet

I use Facebook, but I keep the list pretty trim. No religious wackos on mine!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Pharaoh Cat

Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 19, 2011, 05:40:11 PM
I don't understand why people feel the need to add bosses or coworkers to their fb. o__o

My daughter does this.  I've told her I think she's insane.

I generally don't socialize face to face with bosses or co-workers either.  I just don't see the point.  I can't be myself without fear of repercussions, and this goes beyond atheism to just about anything. 

However, every once in a blue moon I encounter a co-worker who's cool.  There's a guy on my floor who's in that category.  We don't socialize but I wouldn't be afraid to, if asked.  The key here is, exceptions need to be made on a case by case basis, and the standards for trustworthiness and tolerance need to be very high.
"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Whitney

My only real office experience is in places where it is common to be friends with co-workers; even those that are your supervisor.  Those kind of friendships have lead us to stick together and help each other through the recession as the firm started breaking up (through both layoffs and by choice).  I also feel that many of us have built up the foundation for life long friendships from our time working together. So, there is something to be said for office friendships if the social dynamic of the office allows for it.  It does take a special kind of understanding if you boss is also your friend...as is my case currently.

Chronos

Quote from: Whitney on December 20, 2011, 03:06:20 AM
I don't view fb as a good platform for welcoming debates ...

If it can't fit on a postcard, then it's too long for Facebook.

Religion is a pyramid scheme with 501c3 tax-free status.

lomfs24

Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 19, 2011, 07:04:13 AM

That's amusing, because someone at a party gave me  coupon for dunkin donuts, but they expired today. I didn't use them in time!! DAMN YOU LUCIFER!! :(

But seriously, that is the thing I hate the most about fundies. When good happens, it's god, when bad happens, it'd Lucifer. Well then, if I buy a bad cup.of joe, the devil did it? ???

You just don't get it do you? You missing the expiration date was not the work of Lucifer. But rather the work of god! Had you eaten some dunkin donuts you may have gained some weight, raised your cholesterol and been one more day closer to death. You should be on your knees praying your heart out thanking god for one extra day on this earth.
Wait a minute, if you would have eaten those donuts you would have lost a day on this earth which means you would have been one more day closer to meeting him. Maybe that's what you should have been praying for. I get so confused.

The thing with fundies is, they can take whatever happens and put some sort of spin on it either for god, or against Satan. When you aren't working with logic "Anythings possible".

Ali

Quote from: MadBomr101 on December 19, 2011, 03:31:56 AM
Seriously, I'm just waiting for the day she thanks god for chocolate and multiple orgasms.

Okay, yes, but if god gave you chocolate and MOs, well, it would be rude not to say thank you..... :D

MadBomr101

You make a valid point.  I'd be pretty grateful myself.   ;)
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.