News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

One possible result of a Christian upbringing.

Started by Tank, December 27, 2011, 07:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Tim Tebow: His anti-gay, anti choice and questionable educational history

Quote"It Gets Better" is a project that was started by newspaper editor and journalist, Dan Savage and his husband Terry Miller. The project was created as a way to prevent the massive amount of teenage suicides brought on by bullying because they were gay. Many celebrities and athletes have signed on to the project to stand up to bullying and for the rights of LGBT Americans, especially those who are younger. Though Americans coast to coast have stood up for the civil rights of LGBT Americans, there is one team and athlete who won't. The NFL's Denver Broncos and their golden boy, Tim Tebow...

...To truly understand why Tebow thinks the way he does by holding anti-choice and anti-gay civil rights views, you have to go even further back than we have. Tim Tebow, along with all of his siblings, were home schooled by their deeply conservative religious parents. While home-schooling is effective for certain children, it does shelter them and only surround them with the views the parents want them to have. With Tebow constantly getting drilled into his head the talking points and logic of the radical far right, it was impossible for him to get a fair education. If you let children be around other children, they can interact with people of different races, religions, beliefs and sexual orientations. Tim Tebow was only surrounded by who his conservative parents wanted him to be around. Tebow was then allowed to play football for his local school, but it still didn't give him the feel of being around his peers day in and day out....

A fine example of what a conservitive Christian upbringing can do. He'd have made a brilliant Nazi in 1930's Germany.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Gawen

Quote from: Tank

A fine example of what a conservitive Christian upbringing can do. He'd have made a brilliant Nazi in 1930's Germany.
Yes, he would have. It surprises me to a degree that he had assimilated high school life as he did. The culture shock must have been tremendous. How he can compartmentalize his religious upbringing with locker room hijinks, one may only surmise.

I have known three home schooled families. In every family the children were anti-social and in two of the families, the children actually creeped me out. In the family I know now, the oldest daughter (22 or 23 years old) is socially scarred and mentally abused and I hope not permanently. She has great difficulty in relationships with guys (long story). She is an extremely beautiful and intelligent girl who became a nurse and whose parents still claim that she is worthless. Her self esteem is next to none.

The second family I knew lived across the street from me. They moved back to Kansas earlier this year. And I swear those kids will grow up to be hatchet murderers.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor