News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

The Ten Requirements.

Started by The Magic Pudding, December 21, 2011, 12:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on December 22, 2011, 10:04:37 AM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 21, 2011, 06:01:11 PM
Quote from: AnimatedDirt on December 21, 2011, 04:57:13 PM
I'd really like to see what some person's idea of a better body design/evolution is for a woman (and man for that matter) if there is one.  Apparently these people with complaints don't like sex?  I don't really understand the point.

Too many, so may woman died giving birth a century back, if I was then I'd have known what to want.
The kangaroo reproductive system is way superior to that of a human. Given the right environment a kangeroo can out reproduce a human any day.

I'd agree, human reproduction isn't that great. Especially now that there seems to be an unexplained infertility epidemic going on. There are many, many creatures that are far more efficient/effective at it.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

The Magic Pudding

The process of ageing isn't ideal, I tend to save good things for last, only flibbertigibbets and scoundrels do otherwise.  The Benjamin Button model isn't great either.  I wouldn't mind metamorphosing every thirty years, say into a seal, or an otter, a pelican, wombat, turtle or bandicoot.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Tank on December 22, 2011, 10:04:37 AM
The kangaroo reproductive system is way superior to that of a human. Given the right environment a kangeroo can out reproduce a human any day.

Since you included my point/question, are you saying you're more attracted to the body of a kangaroo than that of the human female simply on the point that a kangaroo can out reproduce a human any day?

Pharaoh Cat

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 22, 2011, 12:17:10 AM
You mean to say that even if a person were to leap from a considerable height and plummet to the ground at high speed they would still get up and walk...intact? If so that could be an interesting world indeed.

Hey, if some dude or dudette wants the God job, I say put up or shut up! ;)

Hell, I figure I should add a few more requirements.  Having already proposed invulnerability from Superman's bag of tricks, I'll toss in the others.  Let every human be strong enough to lift a skyscraper, fast enough to reach the sun in a matter of minutes, able to fly there by an act of will, and able to see what's going on there from Earth without a telescope!

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Crow

If we were to have a soul it should be on the outside like in the "his dark materials trilogy" books.
Retired member.

wildfire_emissary

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 21, 2011, 04:48:04 PM
Quote from: wildfire_emissary on December 21, 2011, 04:43:13 PM
It must free the human tracheal design from choking.

Thanks wildfire, you do know we don't see enough of you?

Welcome. Now I know that you noticed I've been absent. Well, I'm finishing my dissertation in educational management. It's a rough ride getting data from my respondents. Thanks for asking. Have a happy christmas! Btw, why aren't you wearing a santa hat?
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

Gawen

1) All graven images will be shown on grilled cheese (not Velvetta) sandwiches.

2) I will respond to all whom ask openly as a booming voice from the sky. Don't worry, I can multi-task.

3) I am tired of dealing with people I run into in the hallways and have to stop and chat with to be polite. I will remain visible but will avoid you nonetheless...of course, this is remanded by requirement #2.

4) Every Wednesday, I will change the computers that Amazon does their auto-replies to a human that can really answer the question's that many of us are asking right now.

5) For entirely selfish reasons: Saturday will be 6 hours longer. at the moment my partner and I are working in different places and Saturday is the only full day we get to spend together. Of course, those that don't have the luxury of working regular hours Monday to Friday probably wouldn't thank me.

6) During the summer months for one day each month, everyone will celebrate me by throwing a party.  Barbecue grills would be de rigeur.  There will be contests in grilling grilled cheese sandwiches (not Velvetta) and chili and home brew. The grilled cheese winner will have the honour of having my likeness sitting on a dais on the winners porch. There will be beer brewing contests, and every house will present a sample of its home brew or spirits before the graven grilled cheese sandwich.

7) At a theatre, the arm rest on the left is yours.

8  ) The disclaimer on Allstate Auto Insurance advertisements that say "Not available in all states" will be rectified.

9) If a person dies and then springs back to life *wink wink* will get their money back for the coffin.

10) Those of you who bowl, swaying your arms hither and thither thinking the action will change the direction of the ball are idiots unless invoking #2 or by chance you catch me in a really good mood in #3.

11) Why is it that everyone driving faster than you is considered an idiot and everyone driving slower than you is a moron? This is not a requirement, I'm just trying to understand you puny humans.

12) From this moment henceforth it will be considered rude for a deaf person to sign to me with their mouth full of food.

There is no 13 because it scares me.

14) Transvesites and sex changers that have not yet gone through the operation goes missing, you will put their face on a carton of Half and Half.

15) It is legal to travel down a road in reverse, as long as you are following the direction of the traffic.

16) Indeed and verily, say I, when you "skate on thin ice", you may "get in hot water".

17) When it becomes time, woodpeckers will not be allowed on the ark.

18) Yes little Johnny, if a bee is allergic to pollen it would get the hives.

19) There is an exception to every rule, including this one.

20) To be announced...
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

The Magic Pudding

Nice list Gawen, I probably shouldn't tell but your tender is prefered at the moment.
I should warn you though, presentation is important.  If you are going to use stone use decent stone that doesn't break if the old delivery guy trips.

Pharaoh Cat

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 22, 2011, 02:17:11 PM
I wouldn't mind metamorphosing every thirty years, say into a seal, or an otter, a pelican, wombat, turtle or bandicoot.

Ooh!  I like it!  I'm ready for my cat years! :)

Pharaoh Cat

Quote from: Gawen on December 24, 2011, 04:10:08 PM
7) At a theatre, the arm rest on the left is yours.

Hey righties!  Vote for me and be comfortable!  I'll send the lefties to Hell. >:(

9) If a person dies and then springs back to life *wink wink* will get their money back for the coffin.

Money?  Ha!  I'll give them brain pudding!  Hey zombies!  Vote for me!

12) From this moment henceforth it will be considered rude for a deaf person to sign to me with their mouth full of food.

Hey deaf people!  Vote for me and munch out!

There is no 13 because it scares me.

Hey Lumen from season five of Dexter - and all her fans!  Vote for me!

17) When it becomes time, woodpeckers will not be allowed on the ark.

Hey woodpeckers!  Vote for me!

Gawen

*laffin*...

And if you're a bandicoot, we can call you Flash.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor