News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Recently became an atheist

Started by Giosherd, April 10, 2012, 06:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giosherd

Hey HAF!

I'm 20 years old.  I was raised a Christian until this year, when I became an atheist.  Found this forum while looking for a nice community to take part in.

The Magic Pudding

Welcome Giosherd.

We are a nice forum, except for the Tank faction, oh ye and watch out for the Asmo zealots.  Most of the others are nice except for a few groupings of peculiarly insane heathens.  :)

OldGit

Welcome aboard, Giosherd!  As a brand-new atheist, you may well find us informative.  We'll certainly offer support.  Once the brain-rot has set in, you'll also have a good time.

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 10, 2012, 08:11:54 AM
watch out for the Asmo zealots.
Armed, deadly and with The Swarm(tm) special attack for over 11200 damage.  8)

Welcome, newbie. Prepare to be assimi... Eh... Welome.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Invictus

Hello Giosherd,

Welcome from another new member.  I am, myself, just (with this post!) graduating from the Padawan Learner status and eligible to engage in other areas of the forum.  So I'll remember you as the one who gave me the opportunity to do so.

I'm intrigued by your transition to atheism.  Can you share some of the thoughts, experiences or other aspects of your life that motivated this change?

Invictus

Ali

Hi there Giosherd.  What does your name mean?  Welcome to HAF.  I'm also curious about your transition.  What made you come around?

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, Giosherd. There's not a lot to work with in your intro, so I'll just go ahead and post the:

QuoteNotes for new members from Tank:

The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts. Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum. It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*
"Rules for Conducting a Discussion" by Dr. Mortimer J. Adler*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

'ello Giosherd

Welcome to HAF  ;D

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

cgmccall

I hope you're having a good time with godlessness so far.
Certainly a lot of fun times to be had here.

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Sweetdeath

Welcome to HAF. Please tell us a little about yourself.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Quote from: Giosherd on April 10, 2012, 06:17:51 AM
Hey HAF!

I'm 20 years old.  I was raised a Christian until this year, when I became an atheist.  Found this forum while looking for a nice community to take part in.
Welcome to the forum.  Quite right.  Plenty of nice discussion going on in here old chap!!
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

applesauce

Hi, Gio! I only recently became an atheist/agnostic as well, since last year + still in college as well.

fishtumor

you must of had lots of questions for your old religion that didn't get satisfying answers.