News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Do you celebrate Christmas ?

Started by unholy1971, December 19, 2011, 03:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevil

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on December 19, 2011, 09:26:27 PM
I don't know how the southern hemisphere celebrates a north pole guy visiting at summer time...heh.
Santa slips into his red togs, slaps on some sunblock, graps a sixpack of beer, and brings along a pack of raw meat for the barbeque by the beach.

The Magic Pudding

squidfetish

I go over to my parents' place, do the present thing and have a meal before buggering off home for a few beers, a few spiced rums and a smoke.  I'm not really into the Christmas thing, but it keeps mum happy and frees me from the accusation of trying to ruin it for others and all that.  Path of least resistance I guess.
reptilian overlord

DeterminedJuliet

I like Christmas  ;D

I like the dressy parties, baking, drinking, lights and old Christmas specials on tv. Newfoundland has a chronic diaspora thing going on, so it's also the one time of year that I can reconnect with a lot of people who've moved away over the years. Everyone goes "back home" for Christmas!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Roos. I just KNEW Pudding's Santa used roos. But where be the red-nosed one?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

AnimatedDirt

Asmodean

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on December 20, 2011, 06:56:01 PM
Why are the roos white?  Also, the roos make for a jumpy ride, no?  ;)
Ah, but they be albino roos. It's all part of an evil scheme, you see. Asmo, he smells evil and Santa, he stinks of it miles away.

As for the jumpy ride, nothing some good suspension won't fix.  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

AnimatedDirt

Asmodean

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on December 20, 2011, 07:16:47 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on December 20, 2011, 07:05:50 PM
As for the jumpy ride, nothing some good suspension won't fix.  :D

Fix?

Fix. Smooth out. Take care of. Generally make unproblematic. Give pie to.

You know... fix.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Asmodean on December 20, 2011, 07:27:57 PM
Fix. Smooth out. Take care of. Generally make unproblematic. Give pie to.

You know... fix.

By definition, there is an issue TO fix.  ;)  (just being argumentative)

Light

Yes.  But not because I feel I must because of any religious beliefs but because I think it's healthy for family to get together, at least once a year and try to be in celebration of the spirit of it, which is giving can be better than receiving.  heh, I know that sounds so cliche, but it is true.

squidfetish

Quote from: Light on December 21, 2011, 10:13:41 PM
Yes.  But not because I feel I must because of any religious beliefs but because I think it's healthy for family to get together, at least once a year and try to be in celebration of the spirit of it, which is giving can be better than receiving.  heh, I know that sounds so cliche, but it is true.

I think that's positive - no reason why the Xtians should have the monopoly on peace and goodwill and all that.
reptilian overlord

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

corgilover

Yep! It's a time for family and friends in my belief.

Cerulean

I participate, but I certainly don't celebrate. I am the youngest in my family, and at 40 the last thing I want to do is get up at 6:30 am to drive to my Mother's house to open presents. A couple years ago I finally convinced her to let us have a little more 'grown up' Christmas and get together for dinner instead, which is working well.

It is all just so gift-centric and I don't need anything.

I do, however, love getting together with friends that time of year, when most of us have some time off. I'm thinking that next year I might take a little vacation. I am planting that seed with my mother so she gets used to the idea over the coming year. She is pretty attached to Christmas, so I have to peel off one finger at a time.