Main Menu

What if there were no Hell?

Started by Happy_Is_Good, December 15, 2011, 03:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squidfetish

Quote from: Gawen on December 17, 2011, 01:13:26 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 16, 2011, 04:13:10 AM
Jesus needs to unclentch :<
Ohhhh...Jesus has no say in the matter. Hasn't been heard from in years. It's those self-righteous twits that believe in and preach the hellfire and everlasting torment that need to unclench.

Ever noticed the manic relish with which they describe hell for us sinners. They WANT that shit.  What happened to forgiveness?
reptilian overlord

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: squidfetish on December 18, 2011, 10:12:53 AM
Ever noticed the manic relish with which they describe hell for us sinners. They WANT that shit.  What happened to forgiveness?

Ye but understand it from their side.
They have to stop coveting their neighbours ass.
They aren't supposed to have extra or premarital sex, and if they do they fret about it.
No contraceptives for some, maybe a dozen bothersome children,
possibly a body or wife with a body ruined by a dozen pregnancies.
Have to get up early every Sunday, and pay for the privilege.
I could go on but that's enough, it's plainly obvious they are suffering in this life,
I don't begrudge them a little pleasure imagining me roasting in the next.
Geez, they have to worry about themselves possibly roasting too, they know they aren't sticking to the rules.

Pharaoh Cat

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 18, 2011, 10:40:15 AM
They have to stop coveting their neighbours ass.

I can't believe I never saw the double entendre in that before. :-[

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

squidfetish

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 18, 2011, 10:40:15 AM

I could go on but that's enough, it's plainly obvious they are suffering in this life,
I don't begrudge them a little pleasure imagining me roasting in the next.
Geez, they have to worry about themselves possibly roasting too, they know they aren't sticking to the rules.

Hehehe I never thought of it quite like that.   :)
reptilian overlord

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

unholy1971

I think the fear of hell keeps the majority of christians from questioning there beliefs.  Therefore if the concept of hell didn't exist, I think these religions would sustain a huge blow.

Siz

Quote from: unholy1971 on December 18, 2011, 07:11:29 PM
I think the fear of hell keeps the majority of christians from questioning there beliefs.  Therefore if the concept of hell didn't exist, I think these religions would sustain a huge blow.

Yeah, true enough.

The ninth Satanic statement says:
"Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years."

Can't argue with that...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Sweetdeath

Aw , if Lucifer were real, i'd be his friend. :D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.