News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: I am A Christian

Started by Egor, December 09, 2011, 07:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 09, 2011, 08:50:05 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 09, 2011, 08:46:38 PM
Edward the Theist returns!

Is he on?
Edward the Theist is the name Egor went by when he was here earlier. I just want Edward to confirm which account he want's to continue using so I can close the other.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Egor

Quote from: Tank on December 09, 2011, 08:54:16 PM

I apologize. I didn't realize I was here under that name before, that's why now I only go by Egor, and if I'm banned, I keep track and don't go back. Again, I'm not trying to sockpuppet, and in fact, I wouldn't know the password for Edward the Theist now even if I wanted to use it.

But, you can ban me if you like, and I wouldn't even write it up in my blog. Or we can see how it goes. I'd like to see how it goes.

Edward the Theist is the name Egor went by when he was here earlier. I just want Edward to confirm which account he want's to continue using so I can close the other.

If at all possible, I'd like to use Egor.
This user has been banned so please do not expect any responses from him.

Buddy

So Egor, seven more posts until you can ask us the big questions. Anything you want to talk about until then? Favorite move, what's for dinner, the thread count on your sheets.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 09, 2011, 09:05:03 PM
So Egor, seven more posts until you can ask us the big questions. Anything you want to talk about until then? Favorite move, what's for dinner, the thread count on your sheets.  ;D

Ohhh, I have a strong opinion on this!  600 thread count, minimum, or I don't buy them.  I've been told it doesn't really make any difference, but it feels different to me and it's good enough to be worth the extra money.

Quote from: egorBut, you can ban me if you like, and I wouldn't even write it up in my blog. Or we can see how it goes. I'd like to see how it goes.

Oh for goodness sake, Ed, unclench.  You'll find your self-fulfilling prophesies fulfilling themselves a good deal less.

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Buddy

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 09, 2011, 09:11:57 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 09, 2011, 09:05:03 PM
So Egor, seven more posts until you can ask us the big questions. Anything you want to talk about until then? Favorite move, what's for dinner, the thread count on your sheets.  ;D

Ohhh, I have a strong opinion on this!  600 thread count, minimum, or I don't buy them.  I've been told it doesn't really make any difference, but it feels different to me and it's good enough to be worth the extra money.

I'd have to check the tag, but I think mine are 800. I'm not to picky on sheets. My dog, on the other hand, prefers the more plush sheets.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Egor on December 09, 2011, 07:16:24 PM
I hate atheism. I do. I don't hate atheists; I pity them as victims of atheism, which I see as a satanic plot in these latter days that Jesus spoke about.
oh dear, I don't think anyone here considers themselves a 'victim of atheism', it's a rational choice based on evidence. I don't think we can debate this sort of thing too much in the intro section, get yourself up to 10 posts by telling us a bit more about your life outside of your religious beliefs, or by posting things in the laid back lounge, then you can get onto the heavier stuff.

must go, I've got a talking serpent on my shoulder telling me what to do...

Tank

Quote from: Egor on December 09, 2011, 09:02:11 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 09, 2011, 08:54:16 PM

I apologize. I didn't realize I was here under that name before, that's why now I only go by Egor, and if I'm banned, I keep track and don't go back. Again, I'm not trying to sockpuppet, and in fact, I wouldn't know the password for Edward the Theist now even if I wanted to use it.

But, you can ban me if you like, and I wouldn't even write it up in my blog. Or we can see how it goes. I'd like to see how it goes.

If at all possible, I'd like to use Egor.
Well you were not banned as Edward the Theist so there is no need to ban you as Egor for that. However the rules have not changed here in any significant way since you were last here so why all the whining about them when you'd been here before? I'll close Edward The Theist account and you can continue as Egor.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 09, 2011, 09:16:36 PM
I'd have to check the tag, but I think mine are 800. I'm not to picky on sheets. My dog, on the other hand, prefers the more plush sheets.

My cat Deirdre has all sorts of soft things to curl up on, including a thermal blanket, but it's the sheets she always sleeps on.  They know.
Sandy

Tank

{snip}
Oh for goodness sake, Ed, unclench.  You'll find your self-fulfilling prophesies fulfilling themselves a good deal less.

Well said BCE.

Buddy

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 09, 2011, 09:33:22 PM

My cat Deirdre has all sorts of soft things to curl up on, including a thermal blanket, but it's the sheets she always sleeps on.  They know.

Mom's cat is a dilute longhaired calico cat, and for some odd reason, she refuses to sleep on anything unless it is black. We go through many lint rollers.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 09, 2011, 09:39:31 PM

Mom's cat is a dilute longhaired calico cat, and for some odd reason, she refuses to sleep on anything unless it is black. We go through many lint rollers.
You could always dye the cat black

Siz

Quote from: egorBut, you can ban me if you like, and I wouldn't even write it up in my blog. Or we can see how it goes. I'd like to see how it goes.

Oh for goodness sake, Ed, unclench.  You'll find your self-fulfilling prophesies fulfilling themselves a good deal less.

^ ;D

Best behaviour everyone or we'll get sent to the Naughty-Blog...

Come on Ed, it's easy. Just pretend like we're normal people and you'll get the hang of us Atheists in no time.

Now, smalltalk first...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on December 09, 2011, 09:41:26 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 09, 2011, 09:39:31 PM

You could always dye the cat black

Yea, then Mom would skin me alive

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on December 09, 2011, 09:34:25 PM
{snip}

Well said BCE.

Thanks.  I've got 3 more days of being able to use the "meds made me do it" excuse -- I think I should start rationing them.  The excuses, not the meds.
Sandy

Buddy

You know, I'm a little put off about Egor not wanting to talk to us. We talked about sheets for FSM sake, how unthreatening is that? :(