News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

In Stev13jay's opinion

Started by Stev13jay, November 02, 2011, 08:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingPhilip

Hm, I can see how "pro-freedom" is a bit better. It certainly has a better ring to it anyway. I rarely use the term "pro-abortion" it's usually "pro-life", as the former really does sound like you just happen to enjoy abortions. XD

My ex-girlfriend had a huge issue with abortion, and she was one of those people that wanted the rest of the world to follow the anti-abortion laws. When pressed for why the mother shouldn't choose she told me that it "is just wrong" and any decent mother would agree, so those that don't shouldn't get a choice. What's funny is that she was perfectly happy with everything else, pro-gay laws, pro-minority, separation of church and state, etc. So I guess even if we can get past all the other issues we have, it seems abortion will always be a problem because to those who see it as wrong, it is just absolutely wrong without question.
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~ Krishnamurti

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: KingPhilip on November 29, 2011, 01:56:09 PM
Hm, I can see how "pro-freedom" is a bit better. It certainly has a better ring to it anyway. I rarely use the term "pro-abortion" it's usually "pro-life", as the former really does sound like you just happen to enjoy abortions. XD

My ex-girlfriend had a huge issue with abortion, and she was one of those people that wanted the rest of the world to follow the anti-abortion laws. When pressed for why the mother shouldn't choose she told me that it "is just wrong" and any decent mother would agree, so those that don't shouldn't get a choice. What's funny is that she was perfectly happy with everything else, pro-gay laws, pro-minority, separation of church and state, etc. So I guess even if we can get past all the other issues we have, it seems abortion will always be a problem because to those who see it as wrong, it is just absolutely wrong without question.

People are always going to see this issue differently, which is another reason why it should be left to the individuals involved.

Stev13jay

So I want to move onto a new topic. The occupy movement, I've talked to many people and not many have the same opinion as me. So I want to see what everyone on here has to say. I think they need to keep up the protest and keep fighting for the rights we all deserve. Like I've mentioned previously I am a Army vet, I want everyone to know that I support the protesters. They have the right of freedom of speech and freedom to assemble peacefully. I can't say 100%I of the protesters are peaceful I can only say that it looks rowdy but still peaceful. One of my best friends has been at occupy st. Louis since day three and they've been peaceful but on veterans day they got threatened with eviction from the park they are at. My friend who is also an army vet confronted the mayor about the eviction and the infringement on all of there american rights as citizens and that made it on the st. Louis news. But im getting away from my point of the occupy movement is peaceful andbthe government is making it violent and violating there rights. These people may all have different reasons to protest but it needs to open peoples eyes so we can all see that there needs to be change in america and around the world. We as citizens have the job to govern the government, when the governments out of line we need to put them in there place. They work for us not the other way around. We should not be sacrificing are freedoms for protection.  So what does everyone elseposted think? (Just so everyone knows I've wrote thisnover 2 days on my phone and didn't reread everything so im sorry if it doesn't make since.)

KingPhilip

Honestly I support the Occupy Wherever protest, but I believe it's ultimately futile. There are always protests and few things ever happen because of them. Yes this one is very large and yes it's widespread, but we've seen no change so far other than mass arrests and police suspensions. I hope they keep on going and eventually cause some sort of improvement, but the overall disorganization and lack of firm demands/goals for the protests leads me to believe nothing will really come of it.
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~ Krishnamurti