News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Icons

Started by Sandra Craft, November 24, 2011, 11:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

I hope you folks realize how special you all are :P For a limited time, here's a picture of DJ
Pictures removed :P
p.s if you're a deranged theist extremist please don't use these images to hunt me down. iwannalive.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

Whaaa, you're so pretty!!
Don't feel bad. Here's a pic of me xD

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/boubunny/2011-09-10184449.jpg
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on November 26, 2011, 02:40:15 AM
Also, I never really thought about it before, but I do look a bit like my avatar (the avatar itself is a picture of the statue of "Juliet" in Verona.)

I can't find many side profile pictures of myself, but here's one of me from my wedding day with my "maid" of honour.
(Image removed at DJs request - Tank)

You do look like the Juliet statue.  For some reason I was imagining you as a more Marian the Librarian type.  Who's the man of honor, your brother?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 27, 2011, 12:32:23 AM

You do look like the Juliet statue.  For some reason I was imagining you as a more Marian the Librarian type.  Who's the man of honor, your brother?

He's my best friend. We went to highschool together, and I had a huge crush on him, but once we graduated highschool he came out of the closet and crushed all of my romantic ambitions, haha. We're still very close and he's the "godfather" of our little boy.

SweetDeath, I love your hair! I always want to have cool/funky hair, but I never feel like I can pull it off without looking like a total dork :P
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

Hah, my childhood friend just came out to me last week. We've known eachother for 20yrs, which is pretty cool.

Oh, thank you! I am usually blonde, but once a year I go  blue/black for a few weeks.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

@ DJ

I do like your 'sceptical face', I shall recall it while you debate theists!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

I just like the looks of both of you.  Ah, if I were but 95 years younger ... ;D

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on November 27, 2011, 12:10:20 AM
I hope you folks realize how special you all are :P For a limited time, here's a picture of DJ
And this is my skepticism face. Henceforth when someone says something zany and I play the devil's advocate, I'd like you all to imagine me making this face.

p.s if you're a deranged theist extremist please don't use these images to hunt me down. iwannalive.

I'm having a hard time putting the two faces together in one person.  Something about them looks like two completely separate people. Does anyone besides me have this problem?  Or am I simply deficient?

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 27, 2011, 12:54:07 PM
I'm having a hard time putting the two faces together in one person.  Something about them looks like two completely separate people. Does anyone besides me have this problem?  Or am I simply deficient?

Welllll, they're me? It could be hard to make it "one" person because you've never actually seen me in person, so you have nothing to compare them to. I'm also making a weird face in the last one. So that one's probably more accurate, because I'm usually making weird faces.

I suppose I could post a dozen or so other pictures, and then your brain would take the average of all of them and you'd get a more truly accurate idea of real life "DJ-ness" but, uh, I'd rather not.

You have three pictures, that's all yer gettin'! :P

P.S. When's everyone else posting their pictures? What is this, a peep show?

Sweetdeath

Quote from: OldGit on November 27, 2011, 12:52:15 PM
I just like the looks of both of you.  Ah, if I were but 95 years younger ... ;D

^_~ LOL

OldGit

Here's me and Mrs Git on holiday in Rhodes in September.  Note the FSM shirt.

DeterminedJuliet

Asmodean

You know what's slightly depressing..? Old Git is even more ancient than I, and yet he looks better than I do in terms of "healthy glow"

Git, you ought to start smoking... Or something.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on November 27, 2011, 04:35:21 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 27, 2011, 12:54:07 PM

Welllll, they're me? It could be hard to make it "one" person because you've never actually seen me in person, so you have nothing to compare them to. I'm also making a weird face in the last one. So that one's probably more accurate, because I'm usually making weird faces.

Oh, I believe you - it's just that the first two are clearly (for me) the same person, but something about the third presents a completely different aspect.  I suppose your "weird face" theory explains it.  I'll post something of me later - it won't be pretty like yours.

OldGit

Well in Juliet's third photo there is another person at the bottom.  Maybe that's what's confusing Bruce.  ;D

Juliet, I trust that's your husband.