News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Swimming in the sky

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, August 09, 2012, 06:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Quote from: Asmodean on August 09, 2012, 09:45:58 PM
Of course! The "common" usually have no sense to speak of, especially in large groups. Statistics, however, are by their very nature sensible.

Hahaha I like that. reminds me of this saying "A lot of people never use their initiative because no-one told them to." can't remember who said it though.
Retired member.

Icarus

Quote from: Crow on August 09, 2012, 07:20:53 PM
Quote from: Icarus on August 09, 2012, 07:03:25 PM
Always the rationalist, I am wondering about the cost/benefit ratio of that madcap structure.

What would a better use for the money be.

The cost/benefit thing is a matter of economics not merely finding a place to spend money.  If that most unique sky pool increases the hotel revenue by a margin that exceeds its cost, then it was a good investment. Otherwise it is pure show biz, a take off on the mine is bigger than yours concept.

Sandra Craft

Always the rationalist, I am wondering about the cost/benefit ratio of that madcap structure.

Just about anything, but it wouldn't be so much fun.  I'm with the cannonball idea.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

hismikeness

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 10, 2012, 03:27:40 AM

Just about anything, but it wouldn't be so much fun.  I'm with the cannonball idea.

I could make a big ol' splash too!
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

The Magic Pudding

Nyyya, nature makes better pools.
Anyway no time to chat, have to go harvest some organic vegetables and finish my macramé incense burner thingo, man.

markmcdaniel

I wonder if its big enough for a few sharks?
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on August 10, 2012, 05:09:52 AM
organic vegetables

*Fiddling with Mass Sacrifice Generator* A big flood. MASSIVE!  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.