News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

The HAF Thread of All Things Nom!

Started by philosoraptor, March 03, 2012, 01:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 11, 2012, 01:34:23 AM
Get a mug
Crack an egg into said mug
Add 1/4 cup icing sugar
Add one heaping tablespoon of cocoa
Mix together very well
Put in the microwave for one minute and then

PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR MIND BLOWN

I'M DOING THIS TOMORROW MORNING. FUCK NORMAL EGGS FOR BREAKFAST.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Stevil

Quote from: Ali on August 06, 2012, 04:27:00 PM
Chili and cheese.   ;D
Talking about cheese.
I get some bread, butter it, put some marmite on it, then cheese, then sprinkle with Cajun spice, then grill it. Very addictive.

Ali

Is Marmite that stuff made out of termites?  Or maybe marmots.  :D

MariaEvri

QuoteI'M DOING THIS TOMORROW MORNING. FUCK NORMAL EGGS FOR BREAKFAST.
I love mug cakes!
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Ali on August 07, 2012, 02:20:37 PM
Is Marmite that stuff made out of termites?  Or maybe marmots.  :D

I always laughed at the words marmite and vegimite XD
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

OldGit

Quote from: SweetdeathI always laughed at the words marmite and vegimite XD

You wouldn't laugh if you tasted either of them.  :'(

Siz

Quote from: OldGit on August 07, 2012, 05:33:10 PM
Quote from: SweetdeathI always laughed at the words marmite and vegimite XD

You wouldn't laugh if you tasted either of them.  :'(

Don't listen to him, SD, he's just one of those 50% of humans - freaks-of-nature, all of them - that can't grasp the simple concept that yeast extract + a ton of salt = yummy awesomeness.

I just dont understand what you can POSSIBLY be putting on your crumpets, Git??!!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Ali

Yeast extract plus salt.....sounds.....delicious.....*grimace*  I suppose anything tastes like food after licorice.  :P

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Siz

Daaaw, you funny foreigners and your funny foreign palates... ;D

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Icarus

folks who would like something nutritious but instantly available might like Gaspacho. It is served cold right out of the fridge, even with a few ice crystals in the mix. It will keep for several days in the fridge and even improves with age, within reason. There are several slightly different recipes that come from different parts of Spain. The one below is said to be from Mallorca.

The history or mythical origin is from the Pyrenees shepherders. They would set out for the mountains with their flocks and stay for several days at a time. They used goatskin bags to carry their repast and it got all mixed up from bouncing around as they rode on a horse or scrambled up the mountain on foot.. It was necessarily served cold, even icey because it's bitchin cold up there.

6 large tomatoes (blanch them to remove the skins. Dont cook em, just a few seconds in boiling water will do the trick.)
                     If you wish you can use two cans of peeled, not cooked, tomatoes instead.
1 large cucumber
2 or 3 stalks of celery
several garlic cloves to taste
2 scallions or one small onion
1 cup of chicken broth
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/8 cup wine vinegar
1/4 tsp crushed oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp paprika
I dab of tabasco if you want it to have some heat.

Chop the veggies into small bits, the garlic into even smaller bits
mix together, lovingly
cover the container and place in fridge overnight.

Serve cold, add some croutons or broken pieces of baguette when served.

You can tinker with the recipe to get it the way your taste buds demand.
Andalusians and La Manchans often add chunks of ham when served.

Hooray for Don Quixote, Sancho, and Dulcinea.

Ali

I don't get Gaspacho.  It reminds for all the world of eating mild salsa without chips.