News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

The first album you ever bought.

Started by Crow, November 08, 2011, 01:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Oh LULZ, this brings back memories.
I'm pretty sure my first album I bought with my saved allowence was ORGY's "candyass" or Goo goo dolls. Oh, 12yr old Sweetdeath. XD
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

history_geek

I think the first ever album that I bought myself was this:

Most of the other music I got was either recived as b-day gifts or xmas gifts or loaned from the local library....
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Asmodean

Quote from: history_geek on December 19, 2011, 08:55:32 PM

Most of the other music I got was either recived as b-day gifts or xmas gifts or loaned from the local library....
Ooh! Nice one!

I needs to listen to some Nightwish - months have gone since the last time.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: history_geek on December 19, 2011, 08:55:32 PM

I have this!!! IT RULES!

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

history_geek

Yeah, Wishmaster is one of the best album's from Nightwish, and I think I have almost all of them, apart from the latest two (no, I'm not one of those Anette haters, I just haven't had the money or the intrest to buy them yet :P ).

Now, I didin't buy it but the next best album was definately Sonata Arctica - Winterheart's Guild. I usually had one or the other of these playing on the background when I was in my room ;D

And I still have both album's songs on my computers music player as "favorites" ;)
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Asmodean

Got meself Scarecrow by Avantasia some time back and can recommend it to those who like Nightwish and Sonata Arctica
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Wow, I havent listened to Sonata artica since I was 18 ! X_x You guys have great taste.

Recently listened to London after midnight
and Joy Divison.

squidfetish

Quote from: Asmodean on December 19, 2011, 09:31:46 PM
Got meself Scarecrow by Avantasia some time back and can recommend it to those who like Nightwish and Sonata Arctica

I'll have a look at that. I got Nightwish's End Of An Era live dvd - that's great - I don't think the new singer is up to Tarja's standard so I haven't bought any of the new stuff. I really like Sonata Arctica too - I got Winterheart's Guild and the live dvd.  Good stuff!
reptilian overlord

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

squidfetish

Quote from: Asmodean on December 19, 2011, 11:50:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o26SlmROH5Q

This one is the more known song from Scarecrow.

Cool thanks. Imma go check out some more stuff too.   :)
reptilian overlord

Siz

First Vinyl given: Complete Madness, given to me by Suggs himself, and signed.

First Vinyl bought: The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
Cassette: Queen Greatest Hits
CD: Wolfsbane's something or other...

First Gig: Nepalm Death, Holy Terror and DRI at Hammersmith Clarendon (UK) 1987.
http://www.songkick.com/concerts/5797096-dri-at-hammersmith-clarendon-ballroom

I'm off to see Saxon and Hammerfall tonight. \m/\m/

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

history_geek

Quote from: Asmodean on December 19, 2011, 09:31:46 PM

It sounded pretty interesting, will have to listen  a bit more...

I alse recomend Celesty. Their apparently not that famous but I love their Vandetta album, it has a bit of old Sonata feel to it... ;D

An example: Celesty - New Sin

On another note, guess who named his Space Marine Chapter Templars of Steel. ;) :P And I'm not so sure about Saxon, but Korpiklaani, Ensiferum and Turisas are awesome And Sabaton too ;D

Asmodean

Quote from: history_geek on December 20, 2011, 04:47:38 PM
I alse recomend Celesty.
Claymore. Was that what it was called, the song I had somewhere in my collection by them..?  ???
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

squidfetish

Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 20, 2011, 01:40:43 PM
I'm off to see Saxon and Hammerfall tonight. \m/\m/

Nice one - I saw Saxon play Falmouth earlier this year with Wolfsbane supporting.  Brilliant night, I was well chuffed.  As for Wolfsbane, it was good to see that Blaze Bayley has stopped trying to take himself too seriously - the first time I saw Wolfsbane about 20 years ago Blaze was a complete arsehole.

Hope you enjoy the gig!!  :)
reptilian overlord