News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Debating Christianity and Religion

Started by Ransom, November 24, 2011, 01:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

How can you be banned for being "too Christian"? ???

And at least, being banned is still a long run from being executed for fighting against the occupiers of your home ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: Davin on November 28, 2011, 09:33:25 PM
Depends on which side you're on.  ::)
Well, aint that the truth! I'll drink to that.  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Too christian? That does not compute.

At least an atheist won't hate on a fellow atheist.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

xSilverPhinx

I'm curious to know what it means to be "too Christian"...could you answer that please? Could be the harmless fundie who likes certainty a bit too much or...not.

Quote from: Davin on November 29, 2011, 01:16:58 AM
Depends on which side you're on.  ::)

Not always, some like (need?) to see themselves as always being the persecuted. Very odd bunch.

Norfolk And Chance

Quote from: Sweetdeath on November 29, 2011, 01:28:32 AM

Are you sure about that? A quick read of atheist forums reveals plenty of atheists that cannot stand each other. Once ego and philosobabble gets in the way, the shit hits the fan and people fall out.
Reality is the stuff that doesn't go away when you stop believing in it ~ Matt Dillahunty

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 29, 2011, 01:45:25 AM
Not always, some like (need?) to see themselves as always being the persecuted. Very odd bunch.
Nono, the statement stands - those people are just always on the sucky end of the stik.  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Welp, i've never had an issue, Norfolk. o_o.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on November 29, 2011, 02:50:05 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 29, 2011, 01:45:25 AM
Nono, the statement stands - those people are just always on the sucky end of the stik.  :P

The religious? as a group the people who spend more time persecuting others than they ever were persecuted? The ones to whom even well deserved ridicule counts as persecution? The ones because of whom the word "persecution", being over used as it is, has become rather meaningless?

Yeah, maybe I exaggerate...

Quote from: Norfolk And Chance on November 29, 2011, 02:03:43 AM

Are you sure about that? A quick read of atheist forums reveals plenty of atheists that cannot stand each other. Once ego and philosobabble gets in the way, the shit hits the fan and people fall out.

I agree, even atheists aren't immune from getting pretty nasty at eachother.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Ransom on November 28, 2011, 08:22:02 PM
Yeah, that's why I said my "formerly" loved website. I'm one of that groups swelling ranks. :( Got banned so I came here. (I was banned for being too Christian, not for putting up spam or anything).
I find it hard to believe you were banned simply for 'being too Christian'. What was your username? so I can see what you were banned for and decide for myself if it was for just 'being too Christian'

Gawen

Quote from: Sweetdeath on November 27, 2011, 04:46:41 PM
Hey, Gawen! You're the fuel to  my fire. XD
WHERE have you been??!! Bout time you said something.

Fuel to your fire, eh? That means we're both...'ahem'....hot.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Tank

Quite true in my experience.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on November 29, 2011, 03:12:24 AM
Welp, i've never had an issue, Norfolk. o_o.
Well you're nice so that's no surprise really.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Norfolk And Chance

Quote from: Tank on November 29, 2011, 02:24:03 PM

Quite true in my experience.

Do you like my new made up word "philosobabble"? That is when amateur philosophers get far too clever for their own good, and start talking shite, thinking it is philosophy. For example, someone (who gives the distinct impression that they could have a philosobabble argument in an empty room) tried telling me, with a straight face, that he could not say that the tooth fairy wasn't real.
Reality is the stuff that doesn't go away when you stop believing in it ~ Matt Dillahunty

OldGit

Philosobabble is an excellent word to describe the bilge you read on some forums.  They keep on insisting that you can't prove an unrestricted negative and that the tooth fairy therefore has a chance of being real.  BILGE!

Or ... should it be philosophobabble;D

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Gawen on November 29, 2011, 12:40:27 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on November 27, 2011, 04:46:41 PM
Hey, Gawen! You're the fuel to  my fire. XD
WHERE have you been??!! Bout time you said something.

Fuel to your fire, eh? That means we're both...'ahem'....hot.

XD! *hugs*
I've been around. Oct and Nov were crappy months, but i'm back. ^_^