News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Fired for not wearing the number '666'

Started by Sandra Craft, November 24, 2011, 12:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Stevil on November 24, 2011, 06:02:48 PM
Regardless of what reason the guy had for not wearing a sticker, I'd like to know if human bulletin board was in his job description.
The sticker doesn't fit any Occupational Health and Safety standards, its not there to let others know who he is.

Employers need to get real. If a person is doing a good job, is it worth getting rid of them over not wearing a sticker?
Coming up with policies like this forces the company to make a heavy stance, wear our numbers sticker or get fired.
How valued do you think the staff are?
They are being treated like little children. I am the boss, you need to do exactly what I tell you.

Me thinks this sticker issue was some sort of ploy to fire this guy. Like OP stated, we have no idea of his work ethics or how good he did  on the job.

Anyway, I doubt that is company policy, so idiot susperstition or not, he can sue.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

not your typical...

The company was out of line with that though I tend to label my stuff with 666, in spite of being a Christian. Well, 666, 99, or 69. ;)
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

MadBomr101

I remember seeing the clip of this story online recently.  I thought the guy was a moron for being so superstitious and the company was run by idiots for being so gangsta bout something as stupid as wearing a safety sticker.  They should've just pat the moron on the head and reassured him he didn't have to wear the evil sticker if he seriously felt it meant his soul.

Then tried to hold down the laughter after he left the office.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Crocoduck

The guy should have found a way to get hurt on day 665 then the company would have had to start over with day one.
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

fester30

I want to wear the number 666 in support of this guy.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

G-Roll

666 days without an accident, so they made at least 666 stickers? they actually counted 666 whole days? things like this make me lose faith in human beings.... The work place can be soooooo lame. How much money did they waste on 666 stickers for everyone?

And they have no right to make him wear anything. Especially for 666 days...
Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)

Asmodean

Quote from: G-Roll on March 08, 2012, 03:15:33 AM
And they have no right to make him wear anything. Especially for 666 days...
Unless a uniform code is specified in his work contract.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

G-Roll

Ill rephrase that... They dont have the right to make him wear anything thats not part of his uniform. I got serious doubts that a sticker is part of the uniform or a required piece of "clothing."
Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)

pytheas

he should be tatooed with it, as part of a free psychotherapy provision benefit alongside stock options from the company

its kind of cool when someone's reality is science fiction to another
"Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance."
"Freedom is the greatest fruit of self-sufficiency"
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little."
by EPICURUS 4th century BCE