News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Mars Rover Set For Saturday Launch

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, November 25, 2011, 07:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 25, 2011, 07:50:20 PM
For those interested:

http://lightyears.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/21/giant-mars-rover-set-for-launch-saturday/?hpt=hp_t1

I miss the space age -- this is good, but it's not like it used to be when I was a kid.  I thought the countdown the most exciting 11 words in the English language.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 25, 2011, 08:18:58 PM
For those interested:

http://lightyears.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/21/giant-mars-rover-set-for-launch-saturday/?hpt=hp_t1

I miss the space age -- this is good, but it's not like it used to be when I was a kid.  I thought the countdown the most exciting 11 words in the English language.

I have an idea for reviving space exploration, with all the attendant technological benefits that are derived from it.  Create misinformation that Al-Qaeda has colonized (pick a planet) and tell Congress that an attack is imminent. Congress will immediately appropriate money to invade that planet (there's ALWAYS money for war), and then scientific research can be done in the process. Of course, we will have to establish a base on the planet to make sure that Al-Qaeda will never colonize it again. Then from there we can chase the bastards around the universe.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 25, 2011, 09:08:27 PM
For those interested:

I have an idea for reviving space exploration, with all the attendant technological benefits that are derived from it.  Create misinformation that Al-Qaeda has colonized (pick a planet) and tell Congress that an attack is imminent. Congress will immediately appropriate money to invade that planet (there's ALWAYS money for war), and then scientific research can be done in the process. Of course, we will have to establish a base on the planet to make sure that Al-Qaeda will never colonize it again. Then from there we can chase the bastards around the universe.
Have you been listening to letures on evil scheme financing strategies by professor Asmodean the Evil Schemer perchance..?  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

That's just crazy enough to work.
Sandy

The Magic Pudding

I tried to start a "China is planning on making the red planet their own" meme.
I don't think it worked, it hasn't come back to me yet anyway.
Maybe "Red China is planning on making the red planet their own" would have worked better.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on November 26, 2011, 12:46:10 AM
Maybe "Red China is planning on making the red planet their own" would have worked better.

Not for us -- we owe China way too much money.

Sandy

Siz

For those interested:

That's brilliant! The US can also claim it as their own thereby creating the biggest nation by landmass and can therefore justify its position as spokesperson of the world.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Pharaoh Cat

Then from there we can chase the bastards around the universe.

I like the way you think.  8)
"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)